PDA

View Full Version : unrecognized dbs format error! - FIX: Rebuild Songs Database

rsmith5102
December 24th, 2003, 12:42 AM
Successfully running Hoster for 13 months, then during show, program stops, and this message appears: Unrecognizable Database Format "C:/Program Files/Micro Technology Unlimited/Hoster/databases/songs.mdb (3343)". Tried rebooting and run again, but still same message. Then Uninstalled vers. 2.014, and reinstall, to no avail. I will miss hoster, but because of holiday season, am sure it will be awhile for a fix.
Running:
Windows Xp Home
intel 2.0Ghz

Happy Holidays Everyone!:)
Randy Smith

MTUSUPPORT
December 24th, 2003, 11:05 AM
Randy,
It sounds like your Song.mdb Database has gotten corrupted somehow.

Here is what I would do:

1) Open My Computer, Left click on Local Disk C:\, Program Files, Micro Technology Unlimited, Hoster, Databases.

2) Under this folder you will see the songs.mdb database. Delete this file.

3) Open Hoster back up, click on the Configure Menu at the top.

4) Click on the Build Songs Database command.

5) Under this make sure to set the Top Select Folder to the folder or folders that the .KMA are located in.

6) On the bottom Select Folder make sure this is set to the location of your Database location. By Default this is set to C:\Program Files\Micro Technology Unlimited\Hoster\Databases

7) Click the Build Songs Database button. It will give you a Dialog stating that Songs Backup was successful. Click the Ok button. This will then allow the Building of the Database to begin running. When it finshes building the Database you should now beable to close Hoster and reopen it without this error message.

Let me know if this fixes it.

rsmith5102
December 26th, 2003, 12:54 AM
Once again, Bryan and MTU come to the rescue! Worked fine, Bryan, thanks so much for the quick answer. I am kind of curious how the file could get corrupted, though.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!:g
Randy Smith
Starlite Karaoke
Mid-Michigan, USA