PDA

View Full Version : plextor 52x24x52a burner doesn't work

wizards
December 23rd, 2003, 11:17 PM
I'm a tech, and do work for one of your customers. The customer recently purchased a Plextor 52x24x52a burner, which I installed for her, and it doesn't work with Microstudio. She checked, and I double-checked, and it appears to be listed in your list of compatible recorders....what's up?
PS. actual model # is PX-5224TA

joker98
December 23rd, 2003, 11:47 PM
I am also interesting in hearing the answer to this question. I have purchased the same burner and it is Listed to be compatible with Microstudios.. But Mine will not work either.
It reads the CDG's but when you go to burn the new CD.. it just keeps flashing the lights on the burner but it doesn't Burn the CD.
I was curious to find out what exactly your burner does or doesn't do.

wizards
December 24th, 2003, 12:09 AM
I'm not absolutely certain, but I think I may have found the answer to my own post by reading some of the other posts and product info pages at mtu.com. Quite probably (it's too late at night to call her right now, and I don't remember) the customer that I installed the drive for doesn't have a newer version of Microstudio, and the newer 52x drive isn't supported by her older version. The program just won't recognize the drive because of this. If anyone can verify my findings it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

George
December 24th, 2003, 12:40 AM
Wizards.....You got it.

Microstudio prior to version 2.506 will not support that burner. The current upgrade is Microstudio 2.517.

Terms for upgrades are stated at the MTU store(link below). There is also a free Microstudio 2.517 DEMO available through the store if you want to check out the burner compatibility first.

http://www.mtu.com/basics/karaoke.htm

You will probably also need to install DIRECT X 9.0. It is available free from Microsoft's website.

This should take care of the problem, especially if the burner was purchased from MTU. They find it necessary to bench test every unit they sell. As a result they certify that the burners they market are CDG compatible.

Take care,

George

George
December 24th, 2003, 08:27 AM
Joker98...

Don't understand your post. On 12/23 you posted receiving error messages duplicating a multi-session copy protected disc.

These error messages generally pop up when writing the last track on a multi-session disc, which would indicate the burner was working.

George

MTUSUPPORT
December 24th, 2003, 10:40 AM
These Drives are only supported under Microstudio 2.506 and later as George Posted.

Also make sure that you have updated to the latest drivers for the Chipset on the Motherboard, or the drive may not show up at all either.

joker98
December 24th, 2003, 03:05 PM
Sorry for the confusing posts.. but we have 2 different computers in our family .. both with their own different versions of Microstudios.. and different operating systems.. and also different plextor burners... and I am pulling my hair out.. lol
Finally got one computer working now.. the one with the
Right protection problem.. you are correct.. EJECT the CD before it reaches last track...
NOW .. I must work on my next problem..
the new PX-W5224TA/SW burner..
I just purchased the program 5 days ago.. so I would've assumed it would have been the lastest version of Microstudios..
but I could be wrong.
Thanks for the replies.

MTUSUPPORT
December 29th, 2003, 03:54 PM
Joker,
Is your Drive still not able to burn the discs? If so then it sounds like you got a bad burner from shipping from MTU. These drives are tested, but they have been seen to be damaged in shipping at times.

Please check the Blink Codes located on Plextors Website and let me know what it states for you. Here is the link to the blink codes: http://www.plextor.com/english/support/plexhelper/atapi/blink_atapi.html