PDA

View Full Version : Setting up home network... reload Hoster?

70mlbu
December 23rd, 2003, 07:48 PM
I am attempting to set up a home network so my business (Hoster) computer can get on the Internet. I think that somehow Hoster has seen the change in the business computers network connection and now says I have to reload the program. I've loaded about 80 discs so far and don't want to lose the data. Can I uninstall Hoster and reinstall it without losing my CD+Gs? And... what about registration? I haven't got the network thing figured out so won't be able to log on to register. Hmmm... I think I did that with a disc to get Hoster loaded initially...?

All I want to do is to be able to update Hoster files and WinXP on the business computer but as I mentioned... I haven't had much luck with the network yet.

Thanks for any help,
Dave

mindonstrike
December 23rd, 2003, 09:08 PM
I'm not sure if you can network with hoster, I tried and had the same problem. I ended up just connecting directly to the DSL modem. As far as reinstalling you shouldn't have any problems but to be safe you can always change the name of the songlist directory while you reinstall.
And of course to be REALLY SAFE, backup your kma's to another hard drive (or perhaps to another computer if you are still networked) .

Before you reinstall check and see if you have any recent restore points you can use. Your computer may have automaticly set some when you started setting up the network (mine did anyhow, and that fixed my problem without reinstalling).

Sam

Beavis
December 25th, 2003, 07:53 PM
you have bridged the network connection !!! just unbridge the connection that hoster is running !

you will never lose your imported stuff (kma) unless you delete it seperatly!