PDA

View Full Version : Video Overlay

crazycarl
December 19th, 2003, 01:24 PM
Is there such a program out there where you could use a camcorder or web cam to put the singers picture on the tv and have the words to the song scroll across screen
Thanks Crazycarl:?

jahern
December 19th, 2003, 01:55 PM
Do you want something that could change as each singer does a song, like in a show?

Or are you wishing that KPRO would have a feature added where instead of a background color, you could actually use a picture as the background. This would be karaoke of your own creation.

I think that what you are suggesting doesn't lend itself to cdg Karaoke singing. You would have to either be creating the word sweep in real time, or hoping that there is a product that allows you to insert a graphic over some transparent preexisting word sweep.

I see a possible compromise for almost instantaneous production.

As soon as you can capture the image of the singer, you make that image your desktop picture in tile format. (a function of windows) Then, for karaoke, with a reduced window, centered perhaps, you can see the words and the surrounding pictures of your featured singer.

Perhaps making too many assumptions about Hoster. Anybody??

gduns - with the Lord
December 19th, 2003, 02:37 PM
FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND YOU TO BE SAYING YOU ARE WANTING TO PUT THE KARAOKE WORDS OVER THE LIVE VIDEO PICTURE OF THE SINGER. I THINK THAT IS DONE WITH A VIDEO MIXER. YOU CAN EVEN FADE IN AND OUT DIFFERENT BACKGROUNDS.

jimbo
December 19th, 2003, 02:54 PM
I believe gduns is correct. With a video mixer you should be able to have it select a color to block out, like the background color screen, and put whatever is left (the lyrics) over your live picture. Now you're needing more equipment at your show, camera, video mixer, tripod, etc.

Jimbo

lirics
December 21st, 2003, 01:21 PM
Hey Guys,

Just to clear things up some on this subject...
what you are talking about is something called
"Chroma Keying"

This can be acomplished various ways, as suggested
these are various video mixers (such as Videonics MX PRO)
they will let you key out a certain color (ie: background
color) and replace it with a live video source.

.....also some karaoke players actually will let you
do this (they have an video input and will do
an automatic key and replace the background with a
additional video source)

and at least one more option, there are hardware devices
that will squash or bump up the video souce and
allow you to add a second video source to the bottom
of the screen.

..well I hope that helps answer your question

good luck
Bill

crazycarl
December 22nd, 2003, 04:39 PM
Thank you all for your help.
Crazy Carl:)

MasterJP80
December 31st, 2003, 09:48 AM
I have a HP camera. I plug into the monitor using Y's. The picture of the singer comes on the screen and the words to the Karaoke song play over it.

Vernon Bero
April 15th, 2004, 12:40 PM
If you use a black and white camera rather than color, it works great.

lmcmains
April 21st, 2004, 02:09 PM
Voco Pro makes a video mixer that will let you do that. Here is a link to check it out. (http://www.vocopro.com/frm_product.html) :c