PDA

View Full Version : Chartbuster now uses copy protection

gduns - with the Lord
December 18th, 2003, 08:08 AM
For those of you interested I loaded the chartbuster essentials 4 last night, and they are following the lead of Sound Choice, and top tunes. With the Multisession recording. Just thought you guys would like to know. also on the latest SC foundation 1 & 2

edmcgeemusic
December 18th, 2003, 08:26 AM
Does this mean you cannot import the karaoke songs into Hoster? I just bought the same pack.

eddie

gduns - with the Lord
December 18th, 2003, 08:40 AM
There are work arounds, but it takes a while, otherwise you can import all except the last song track, and of course the datatrack. Most of the #15 Tracks suck anyhow. oh FWIW disk #9 is not protected. I just imported the first 14 tracks.

The alternative it to import all tracks with microstudio, and burn them all to a single session cd, then it will import them all.

edmcgeemusic
December 18th, 2003, 08:49 AM
thanks.

It really sucks though. I bet this type of thing hurts the ethical user who is loading his paid for disks, more than the person who would steal the disks.

eddie

gduns - with the Lord
December 18th, 2003, 08:53 AM
Needless to say, I was Pizzed. I am lucky with the soundchoice tho, I had a friend who had a primo set that was a couple of years old, and I loaded mine from them. I bought the originals, For both foundations, and all six bricks, (yes, I am Legal) But they did the same thing.

edmcgeemusic
December 18th, 2003, 08:58 AM
so the copy protection only affects the last cut on the disk? How strange.

eddie

gduns - with the Lord
December 18th, 2003, 08:59 AM
They did that so that the cdg copying machines would crash when they hit that track.

mindonstrike
December 18th, 2003, 08:22 PM
SC has been doing that to all their previously release products when it came time to rebuild their stock.

Sam