PDA

View Full Version : Copy CD to CDG

TNT Karaoke & DJ
March 3rd, 2001, 12:22 PM
Just regestered as a new user. A couple questions,
1. I would like to copy regular music CD of my choise to Karaoke CDG including the lyrics on the screen, which of your products provide this technology, or if I provide the music CD do you create it for me??

Thanks
Tony

[Edited by TNT Karaoke & DJ on 03-03-2001 at 12:45 PM]

Brian Corr
March 3rd, 2001, 02:21 PM
What you would need.

Vogone:- For removing the vocals from wav files that are on your hard drive.

Karaoke Home Producer:- For putting your lyrics onto the wav file building a cdg file at the end.

Microstudio:- For recording your discs onto cdr. Also for playing the cdg files from your hard drive.

Hope this is a brief but helpful reply.

admin
March 4th, 2001, 07:24 PM
TNT, MTU does not create Karaoke songs, only the software for you to do it. Thanks Brian for your answer. :w

To specifically answer your questions, Microstudio ($50) would allow you to read your music CD songs into your computer hard drive. It also can copy your discs and make custom assembly discs of select songs. You will need a CD burner that can read/write the CDG format. We sell the Plextor 12x for $299 and the 16x for $340, fully tested and certified to read/write CDG discs.

If you need to remove vocals (only center panned vocals can be removed), Vogone I ($30) will do this. If you don't need to remove vocals, go to the next step.

Next, type your song lyrics into a text file using Wordpad or Notepad. Save the lyrics as a .txt file. Run Karaoke Home Producer ($150) and open your music .wav file and your .txt file. While playing the music, tap the spacebar where each lyric word should start sweeping. It might take several times to get it as good as you like it, but it is easy to do. Export your combined music and lyrics as a .cdg file. Add your .cdg file into the Microstudio Custom Assembly Song List along with other songs you create or copy from other Karaoke CDG discs, and then write them to a CDR disc. This can now play in your Karaoke CDG players.

More questions? Post them here or email dave@mtu.com.

You can purchase these products at our secure on-line store at https://store.mtu.com or call MTU (Eastern Time) at 919-870-0344, or email dougc@mtu.com.