PDA

View Full Version : Slow slow download can you help

crazycarl
December 10th, 2003, 12:21 PM
I have over 1,000 cd+gs to download and it is going so slow approx 15 minutes per disc thats over 200 hours doing this
Thanks Crazy Carl

gduns - with the Lord
December 10th, 2003, 01:25 PM
one word of advise is to check all chartbuster 6000 series, their songs are frequently in the wrong order. I put in 1050 cd, and it took me 4 weeks at night to do it.

mindonstrike
December 11th, 2003, 06:13 AM
You must be using compression, That'll slow it up a bit .
Without compression I was getting about 7-8 min per 15 song disk, except for a few my cd writer had problems reading.

For my 700 disks I spent two weeks using every spare minute, including several nights where I did a bunch while playing at my shows

It just takes time, that's the nature of the beast.

Sam

Beavis
December 11th, 2003, 06:30 AM
it is the quality of the cd that is slowing things up ! are they copies ?

what version of hoster are you using ?

admin
December 11th, 2003, 02:31 PM
We found that with our newest 52x CDG Certified CD Burners, it takes half the time to import into Hoster as our 48x or prior drives took. That may be worth considering a purchase to save you half the time, if you don't already have a 52x MTU drive. :w

Party of one
December 24th, 2003, 10:38 AM
I found that If I put a fan and blow in the side holes it has worked for me. Like night and day. Maybe my processor heating up. I know it's goin like lightning now. 5 minutes a disc. It works for me. Before it was taking an hour or more for one disc. Hope this helps.