PDA

View Full Version : Importing .mp3+G files

Starlips
December 2nd, 2003, 11:09 AM
Stupid me, I bought a CAVS JB-99 before I heard about Hoster!
My question is will Hoster import my mp3+g files from a HD?
Can they be converted to the proper format with a dos command or do they have to be converted individually?
If this can be done, I'll buy a Hoster and list my CAVS on eBay.

admin
December 2nd, 2003, 03:57 PM
You are not alone in this request!

However, I am sorry but the CAVS format is proprietary. I have heard they do have a program that claims to convert their format to a .cdg format file that is identical to a Karaoke CDG disc.

However, :r we don't yet have a way to allow importing .cdg songs on the hard drive into our kma format and database. Currently, we only have importing for CDG Karaoke discs, and have a 196,000 song definitions database to make that easier to do.

We are planning on writing a IMPORT CDG FILES operation to take .cdg files and convert them to Hoster's KMA format, and add them to the database. Many of our users started with Microstudio, and imported their songs to the hard drive.

Hoster has a high priority at MTU. I am interviewing a new programmer tomorrow to help with new upgrades. :c

I wish I could tell you a target date, but we are not there yet. I can say it is high on our "wish list" to be added.

nitelife
December 18th, 2003, 01:52 AM
Can It be done? Yes
Is it easy..No

First you must take the mp3+g file...which is really two separate files ( one for music, and one for graphics ) convert the mp3 file to wav and then recombine with graphics to form one file.
This must be done one song at a time, and of course you need the right programs.
I could name good programs to use for this, as I often buy songs from the cavs website, and convert them . But naming competeters products in these forums is against policy.
I can, however be contacted at nitelife41@hotmail.com
And yes, Hoster has Cavs beat hands down....put your jb-99 on ebay