PDA

View Full Version : book IDs gone

Sherri
November 24th, 2003, 08:26 PM
I just moved my kma files to an external drive, but when I go to import songs, the book ID wants to start all over at number one. I have about 150 disks in, so it should go on from there. can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

nreel
November 25th, 2003, 01:55 AM
Sherri,

If you do not have MS Access to view your SONGS.MDB Database, then Go To the PLAY LIST Tab, Open or Assign a PLAY LIST, Click On ADD HD TRK, Click on the BOOK ID Tab.

Observe the Numbers in the BOOK ID.

BOOK ID 1 will look like this 101 (The first number, 1, is the Disk Number and the last two numbers, 01, designates the Track Number). If you have 150 Discs Imported, then, the last Disc Imported is Disc 150 and the first Track on Disc 150 would be 15001. Track 2's BOOK ID, on Disc 150, is 15002.

When IMPORTING, if you do not have a BOOK ID of 101, then BOOK ID #1 is available and if you Click on the NEXT Tab, adjacent to the BOOK ID Window in the IMPORT TRACKS Menu, HOSTER will automatically assign the NEXT AVAILABLE LOWEST NUMBER.

Duplicate BOOK ID's may occur if you did not TRANSFER all KMA files to an ALTERNATE Hard Drive, which I know was recently done. When the Database was REBUILT, which I know was recently done, HOSTER will not see the HEADER Information of the missing KMA Files [full disc(s)] and will work as if those BOOK ID's were never assigned.

It's possible that Book ID 1 is available.

Deleting a full Disc of KMA files, previously assigned a BOOK ID Number, will, also, cause HOSTER to "REUSE" the NUMBER, if you will.

To HOSTER, once all the KMA Files of a complete Disc, are deleted, and, the SONGS.MDB database is DELETED and REBUILT, that BOOK ID NUMBER will become available, again.

Make sure, before you IMPORT, that all your files got Transferred.

If all your files did get Transferred, and, if you do not see 101, then it will be safe to IMPORT a disc on that number.

While you are looking at the BOOK ID's, make a note of the FIRST NUMBER in the Drop Down Box and the LAST NUMBER. This way, when you start to IMPORT subsequent Discs, you will know if BOOK ID's, that are NEWLY ASSIGNED, are numbers you knew you had or numbers that jump back up passed the LAST KNOWN IMPORTED Disc ID.

Hope this helps,

Norm

Sherri
November 25th, 2003, 08:41 AM
Not sure where book 01 went, but at this point I am just sitting here having a good laugh at myself!! Norm, did I tell you that you are worth more than the program?? lol Thanks again!!