PDA

View Full Version : Does MicroEditor heading the same way as DNOISE??

arminroesch
November 19th, 2003, 02:35 PM
Hello colleagues,

I just got the message from MTU that DNOISE may be cancelled from the product list!
Their info: .....I asked Dave about this, and I don't think he is going to fix this problem. I am not sure, but what he told me is he thinks he is going to kill dnoise, and I think he removed it from the website....

My respond to that: .....As I heard from Bryan you are thinking about cancelling DNOISE from the supported tools.

I would be very disappointed if you must really do that!

In the past I did use your MicroTools to solve many different problems. Since October I did upgrade to windowsXP to use ME5.5.

As I have written to you in the past, I am very interested that you can make further developments and I have no problems to pay you some upgrade that you can do that. I am very interested to have a partner (even he is far away) which I can count on it and who give me a tool with which I can do a good job for ma customers. Until now I was all the time very satisfied with your work and support.
I would be glad if you could proceed that way on.
With the upgrade to windowsXP I did "loose" MicroTools2.0 because it is no more supported.
I can use the routines by DOSprompt but it is no more so useful. I did write this to Bryan but when you cancel now DNOISE as it is at the moment I find it very badly!!
I can understand that the current developments of tools does mean high costs.
So I could understand that you terminate further developments on DNOISE as DirectXplugin.
But please do that at a moment where I could say: OK I can do that and that but what I can do works proper as that what you did all the time with ME!!

I never did had a problem with your products loosing something or destroying something which I find very very good!

So please do it the same way with DNOISE and bring it to the current level as it is but in STEREO and then I could accept if you say "MTU has decided to leave DNOISE as it is and will no more and further developments"
It would be hard to hear that but I could then decide what do for the future.

At the moment it looks not very good for me after the "upgrade" to windowsXP.
- loose of MicroTools
- loose of DNOISE
- very uncertain about future about ME5.5!

I remember very well the day when I met you the first time in the house in RALEIGH. I was very impressed about the work you are doing.
I was impressed very much later when I got the first DSP-board ( REVJ) and the external IO with such a good quality.
Since then I did many different projects without any problem due to your work!!! Thank you!!
Parallel I heard from many colleagues with problems with their tools of other suppliers.

That means I count on You and I hope You will find a way to come through and give me the possibility to use Your tools for the future.

From may side I would accept to support You with a certain amount of money per year and then I now I will be supported for the future. I will get new possibilities!

I do not want to switch every "second" to another tool. I only want to do a good job with a good partner for my customers!

I hope you understand me. Take in account that my native language is not English.

I hope to hear from you.

Does the same will happen soon to ME???

I hope to hear (see) positive comments

Armin