PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion or Question

Wallymeister
November 17th, 2003, 01:20 PM
Hello all,

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this question or pose the suggestion, but I'm having a real hard time trying to back up a few SC media cloq discs or use them in hoster, and it seems to me there has to be better way to do this. I know I can record the music digitally out of my Sony 400 disc player. The graphic subcodes are there also because when I play them I have a Leader cd+g reader that sends them to my monitor via the optical out.

So why couldn't they be recorded this way to a bin file or some format that contains the subcodes along with the .wav file and then just simply burnt to a disc using any burner that reads subcodes?

Is this possible? Has anyone tried this or thought of writing some software to accomplish this. It should work with any player that has an optical out. I would if I could. Let's face it copy protection is coming to stay. However, we neeed to protect our investments and copying (backing-up) music is always going to be possible. So just because there is some subcodes along with music shouldn't make someone unable to do it the down and dirty way of old.

I don't believe SC or any one else out there would mind if backing up purchased originals was all that was happening. When they come to my show and see that I'm using copies they are going to have questions, so I can see their point of view but if they looked into each case a little it wouldn't take long to separate the honest ones from the dishonest ones. Would it? There is just always going to be a way to back up CD's. Honestly or dishonestly.

Any thoughts, anyone, MTU?
Wally :g