PDA

View Full Version : singer's CDs

Sherri
November 14th, 2003, 03:17 PM
Hoster seems to be working good, except when a singer brings up a CD to play, it seems to always skip. What causes this? Is there a way to fix this?

nreel
November 14th, 2003, 05:56 PM
I have noticed that, if the Singer's CDG is very badly scratched, and, due to the sensitivity of CDROMS verses Proprietary CDG Players, it is very likely that this will occur.

I'm assuming that this is the case, that the Singer's CDG is very badly scratched.

You should always view the CDG, in adequate lighting, so that you will be able to give a proper answer to the Singer when their disc won't play.

One time, a CDG was sooo bad that I tried using Microstudio to PLAY the CD direct, but this made everything worse.

I have always had the BEST luck using HOSTER, no matter how long it takes to get a CDG Trk LOADED in.

When I have a chance, I inform the Singer's, who bring in their own CDG's, to make BACKUP copies of their CD's and use the Backups at Karaoke Shows...assuming the KJ doesn't have a problem with using a Backup Copy.

Having a near perfect CDG, from the Singer, is the BEST scenario.

However, I don't know if there s one on the market, but a compact CDG Player - like WALKMAN size - would be real nice to have in these situations.

About all I can offer is empathy, because I really believe that the CDROM sensitivity, to reading SCRATCHED discs, is the reason for the problem and I do not think this can be remedied.

Hope this helps,

Norm

MTUSUPPORT
November 20th, 2003, 03:52 PM
Sherri,
When you play a Singers disc, it reads that song into your Memory. If your computer doesn't have at least 256mb of memory then you will most likely have issues with this. If you do more than one song, then you need to have at least 512 mb of Memory, and even with this never read in more than 4 songs at a time from a disc.

Sherri
November 20th, 2003, 06:56 PM
Geesh, I don't believe it's a memory thing, I am running 512mb.
Some will some won't, most won't. This is tuff because I don't dare take the chance anymore, that sure is embarrassing when their CD skips. Is there anything else I can try?

nreel
November 20th, 2003, 07:54 PM
Probably will need to know all your system specs:

Operating system, Type and speed of CDROM, Motherboard, AMD or INTEL processor and Speed of Processor, type of Memory - SDRAM/DDR, etc.?

Norm