PDA

View Full Version : Dell Laptops

mgrowolski
November 13th, 2003, 07:39 PM
I thought you guys might like to know that I have been using the Dell Inspiron 8500 for the past 6 months on an average of 5 nights a week and so far not had one single problem which I am pleased about so if anyone out there is thinking of going laptop then use this particular model. my specs are
P4 2.2ghz
512 ram
80gb hard drive
NVIDIA® GeForce4 Go 4200™ with 64MB DDR video RAM
This system is stable and although I do not have an internal cdg drive I use a pleaxtor external USB and find that works just as well. I realise that this is at the top end of the price market well over here it is about £1600 all in but you do get what you pay for
Anyway just thought you would all like to know what I think is the most reliable laptop out there

DougC
November 14th, 2003, 02:59 PM
But of course they are not better than an MTU laptop!:-))

mgrowolski
November 15th, 2003, 05:01 AM
Well of course, though I would like to know if they sorted out the earthing problem with the MTU laptops as I understand that many of you had some big problems with it, which by the way, I did not have with my Dell lol

DougC
November 17th, 2003, 09:38 AM
The grounding problem turned out to be the power supply that was provided with the laptops. Upon replacing this the problem immediately disappeared.

So yes, the grounding problems are history. And have been for quite some time!

The MTU laptops are running flawlessly from an internal stance and to our knowledge external as well!

mgrowolski
November 18th, 2003, 03:45 AM
Well that is nice to hear as I knew that that was the problem and as over here we have automatic earthing on our systems I know what you mean. The only problem I have with mine is that I have to use an external cg drive which is a pain soif anyone knows how to cut a plextor for a dell 8500 please let me know thanx

mlepine
December 10th, 2003, 03:47 PM
FYI,

I own a Dell Inspiron 4100 Laptop & I do have the same ground problem MTU had in the pass with their Laptop!!

I hear a constant "HUM" or " Bizz" when the power cord is connected but when it runs on the batteries it's clean!

I guess its also a power supply problem?

Regards