PDA

View Full Version : Sony CRX200E Internal ATAPI 'Not Recognised'

Glenski3
November 12th, 2003, 11:50 PM
Dear MTU...

I have formated my PC and since re-installed everything, and re-downloaded the Microstudio Software... version 2.515

Now my Sony CRX200E Drive is not recognised in Microstudio?

It worked fine before and managed to produce top quality Karaoke Utility Discs in the CD+G Format...

What has happened?

Are you not supporting my drive anymore.... someone please help!

Thank you

Glenski3 :c

MTUSUPPORT
November 14th, 2003, 12:35 PM
Glenski,
The engineer that produces these drivers for us that talk to the CD-R drives, has changed some of the items in the drivers, and by doing this the older CD-R drives are no longer supported past version 2.400.

This is stated on the Microstudio page located at: http://www.mtu.com/basics/karaoke.htm

It is in the box around this saying that if you had an older Sony or HP or Yamaha drive it won't work anymore.

The only drives that will work anymore with Microstudio are the Plextor drives excluding the ones listed in this post: http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?threadid=1106

Glenski3
November 14th, 2003, 01:15 PM
It seems to me that MTU are pushing for sales of the Plextor Drives...

Where as it was Sony and Philips who patented the CD and it's formats in the first place...

Microstudio version 2.506 worked perfectly with my Sony Drive, now it does not...

Explain to me how these drivers work, afterall they are supposed to do the same thing regards CD+G are they not...

I now have software that is useless to me... :f

Regards

Glenski :c

mlepine
November 14th, 2003, 03:08 PM
I suggest you re-install the older version of Microstudio.

I'm running Version 2.4 and I should be running it for many years, I use the 8 bit for better graphic and this function has been removed!

If it was working fine before go back to the same version if you still have or I don't know if MTU can let you have one?

Sometimes it might give the impression that MTU is trying to push the Plextor drives but the reality is, it's THE ONLY REAL CDG BURNER, too bad for the other CIE's who just don't care about Karaoke!!

Good Luck

Glenski3
November 14th, 2003, 04:24 PM
I do have the older version backed-up on a CD-Rom... but when i go to install it... it does not recognise my Network Card! for the installation process...

My PC was formatted and updated a little....

SONY drives have always been great for CD+G... I've had three of them in so many years...

Oh! well maybe MTU can help me out then with this install problem

Cheers

Glenski :c

MTUSUPPORT
November 19th, 2003, 12:05 PM
Glenski3,
The old version doesn't do anything with a Network card for Microstudio, you may be talking about Karaoke Pro, but not Microstudio.

The security on the older versions was just your Email and Serial number. You must enter the old email that the serial number was created from and it must be exactly what was on the original email when you had purcahsed that older program.