PDA

View Full Version : I canīt play cdg files in my H.D. back to back

richard
February 26th, 2001, 06:43 PM
I only can play one file at time in the full version of Microstudio what I downloaded two weeks ago.
The manual says what I can play more than one song in the H.D. in back-to-back mode. Itīs true?. How can do this?

admin
February 26th, 2001, 07:26 PM
There is an error in the manual. :s

Under the heading Playing from the Computer Hard Drive, the manual states: "Click the Select Hard Drive button that opens a dialog box to allow selecting one or more .cdg files on the hard drive. You can change the drive and directory that appears.

Click the song filename (one at a time) in the dialog box Files list that you want to play, then click the Open button.

Click the Play button to begin playing the selected song files back-to-back. (This is the error, it should say "file." not "files back-to-back"). While playing the display changes to full screen (see at right), appearing just like a Karaoke Player.

The Spacebar will not stop playing. This is because only one song is playing and the Spacebar will not advance play to the next song.
Press the Esc key (upper left of keyboard) to terminate playing."

I apologize for the error in our manual.

We are working on a future upgrade (V2.3) to Microstudio and its play code that should allow selecting multiple songs from the hard disk and placing them into a list to play back-to-back. There are problems with Windows and the order you "think" you selected songs in. Thus, we need to display the songs in the order Windows reads them in from the hard drive, and allow you to move them up or down the list into the order you desire before playing.

I hope this helps.

richard
February 27th, 2001, 05:52 AM
There are an error in the manual... True, but in your upgrades list for the version 2.103 says:

"Version 2.103 Upgrades (01/11/01)
Play Tab
Now shows full screen view when playing instead of the small fixed window size.
Allows selecting multiple tracks in the Track list from the disc TOC to play back-to-back. Also allows selecting multiple files on the hard drive to play back-to-back."

This is the reason for I buy the program. If I canīt do it, I have lost my money and an important operation of sales.
This is not serious, dear.
Thanks for your attention.

admin
March 27th, 2001, 02:29 PM
Richard, you were right. :s

I have added the ability to play multiple songs back-to-back from the hard drive in our next release, expected to release within 2 weeks. We have a bit more work to do specifically on this point. MTUSUPPORT (Bryan) made an excellent suggestion this morning that we duplicate the "Project" creation and editing code from the Custom Assembly Tab into the Play Tab. That way you can create projects to be played, and control the song order being played.

We are currently testing V2.2.1.3, but the .4 should have this new "Project" in the Play Tab. Also,Play Tab Projects and Custom Assembly Tab Projects will probably be identical. That means you could play songs and then burn that exact song order to a CDG disc to take out with you.