PDA

View Full Version : Importing Problem

ROBERT A ROGAN
November 2nd, 2003, 03:36 PM
I Have Installed all my CDG`s,and have come across a couple that have the Artist in the wrong places, ie Elvis Presley on Disk which I called EK10 ( songbook EK010) is on it`s own, but Legend ELvis No 25,26.27all come listed on my songbook together,under E.P. I Attempted to re-install,by deleating from my folder,and re-importing under EKU 010. on printing my song sheet I still have EK010 listed with EKU010. With EKU010 song No 11014,and EK010 ( Which was removed) No 1014. Any Idea`s

jaddams
November 2nd, 2003, 05:02 PM
R.A.R,

Anytime you delete any imported track, you must rebuild the database to delete it from the list. The proper procedure is listed in the Hoster manual.

Please check the section Song Databases.

Good luck,

Jon

ROBERT A ROGAN
November 2nd, 2003, 06:52 PM
Jaddams,Thanks For your comments,but no luck.I deleated all the KLM for EK010,and emptied my Waste Bin. No Wher on my Hard Drive do I see EK010.When I go to configue I get a message on "Writing Titles Listing" Permission Denied! Trying a search for EK010 reviels nothing,and Ive rebooted my Comp.

jaddams
November 2nd, 2003, 10:30 PM
R.A.R,

Did you rebuilt your songs database?

Regards,

Jon

ROBERT A ROGAN
November 3rd, 2003, 02:03 AM
Jon, When I go into Configue,and then Build Song Database, thats when I Get "Permission" denied When it comes to "writing titles listing

Bob

ROBERT A ROGAN
November 3rd, 2003, 02:29 AM
Jon,Tried again.This time I went into Configue and then Build Song Database, then into Bookand prepair song book,Which this time it did, but when I print out a song book I have still got EK010 being listed,even though I have deleated it from my Karaoka hard drive.

Bob

George
November 3rd, 2003, 08:27 AM
R.A.R.

You are absolutely correct. The textbook solution for deleting songs never has functioned as it should, at least not here..

Even though a track is deleted from the hard drive, and the database rebuilt, it will still show up on the playlist. If you click on it, a message pops up telling you it cannot be found, but none the less the listing is still there, and there's no other way of removing it that I've found.

If you go through the MTU folder, Hoster, Database, you'll see that the Buckets and Songs files are locked files and cannot be accessed.

George

MTUSUPPORT
November 3rd, 2003, 09:59 AM
Try opening My computer. Double click on Local Disk C:\, find the folder Program Files, double click on this. Now find the folder Micro Technology Unlimited and double click on this folder also. Now double click on the Hoster Folder, and then double click on the Databases folder. You should now see the file named songs.mdb. Delete this file.

Once you have done this, then go back and rebuild your Song Database under Hoster.

This should fix it.

George
November 3rd, 2003, 10:17 AM
Bryan,

That doesn't get rid of the listing for me, never has.

George

kedmison
November 3rd, 2003, 11:32 AM
Had something happen last night that hasn't happened before and I thought I would pass this on. Had someone bring in a Sound Choice disc for me to play on my Hoster laptop. I didn't realize it at the time but when it came time for the song to play the laptop locked up tighter than a drum. Had to completely shut the computer down. When I looked at the disc I noticed it had the Media Cloq on it. I have some of those at home and will try to reduplicate it to see if it was just a fluke or not.

Furhter update, this is the only problem I have had yet. Hoster still is working great!

Kelly

nreel
November 3rd, 2003, 03:12 PM
Computer CDROM's will not read MediaCloq discs.

Tell your friend to call SOUND CHOICE to see if the MediaCloq disc has a replacement that is non-Mediacloq.

SOUND CHOICE is NO LONGER and HAS NOT BEEN, for a long time, using MediaCloq as a copy protection on their discs.

SOUND CHOICE will REPLACE all MediaCloq discs for FREE, as long as a replacement is available. In other words, SOUND CHOICE only had NEW batches of these previously MediaCloq discs remade if they were great sellers.

The MediaCloq discs that I have had replaced, for FREE, are:

SPOTLIGHT SERIES:
8709, 8720, 8730, 8731, 8732, 8735

TEEN PAK 3

Be careful to check ALL TRACKS on ALL replacement discs, MediaCloq or Otherwise, as some replacement discs have had a song REMOVED and replaced with a DIFFERENT song, sometimes, even causing the order of the remaining songs to be COMPLETELY OUT-OF-ORDER as compared to the original DISC you bought.

This will cause a correction to be made to your SONG BOOKS.

Since I know this happens, you should make a backup before sending a Disc back for replacement (non-MediaCloq discs). If the replacement is different, compile a CUSTOM disc with MICROSTUDIO and place all tracks back in the correct order that the original was in by using a combination of the NEW disc and the BACKUP, of the original.

Add the NEW Track as a 16th Track (or LAST TRACK) to the NEW Custom Assembly. This way, you will not have to correct your Song Books and the new listing will be printed the next time you do a complete printing of your Song Books, assuming you want the NEW listing printed.

Norm

ROBERT A ROGAN
November 5th, 2003, 05:28 AM
MTU Support & Bryan, Have tried your suggestions going through Datadase files and come across the following.
1/ Songs Micro Access Database 204KB Shows Blank Screen
2/ Songs Backup Micro A.D. 204 Kb Blank Screen
3/ Temp 1 Micro Access Record Locking info 1 KB
4/ Temp Access Database 480 KB This one lists loads of files?. I did say that Im not very bright on Computers. Help needed
Bob

nreel
November 5th, 2003, 07:55 AM
Navigate to the MTU Database FOLDER. If you installed HOSTER in its DEFAULT FOLDER, then, this is the PATH where the SONGS.MDB DATABASE in located:
c:\Program Files\Micro Technology Unlimited\Hoster\Databases\

To navigate this PATH, do this:

DOUBLE LEFT click your mouse on the MY COMPUTER ICON on your Desktop.

When MY COMPUTER window opens, DOUBLE LEFT click your mouse on DISK 1 PARTITION 1 C:.

When the C: window opens, DOUBLE LEFT click your mouse on PROGRAM FILES.

When the PROGRAM FILES window opens, DOUBLE LEFT click your mouse on MICRO TECHNOLOGY UNLIMITED.

When the MICRO TECHNOLOGY UNLIMITED window opens, DOUBLE LEFT click your mouse on HOSTER.

When the HOSTER window opens, DOUBLE LEFT click your mouse on DATABASES.

When the DATABASES window opens, SINGLE LEFT click your mouse on the SONGS.MDB file to highlight it.

When the single file named SONGS.MDB is highlighted, place your mouse pointer over the highlighted single file named SONGS.MDB and RIGHT click your mouse.

When you have RIGHT clicked your mouse over the single file named SONGS.MDB, a DROP DOWN MENU will appear.

When the DROP DOWN MENU appears, select DELETE (3rd from the bottom of the MENU) to DELETE the single file SONGS.MDB.

Once the single file, SONGS.MDB, has been deleted, close all open windows that have been opened to this point.

Now, open the HOSTER program and REBUILD the DATABASE.

ROBERT A ROGAN
November 5th, 2003, 11:47 AM
nreel,Many thanks for your help Songbook,Playlist appears all ok.
Thanks to Eveybody
Bob

S. Parks
November 6th, 2003, 12:55 AM
It's very nice to see MTU forum members that will take the time to actually give help other than "go read the MTU manual". Very well done.:g

jaddams
November 6th, 2003, 01:25 AM
It's not a bad idea to read the manual though. Sometimes what may appear difficult becomes simple if we read the instructions.

I'd hate to have sergury while my doctor's being coached long distance. :g

Sincerely,

Jon

George
November 6th, 2003, 08:29 AM
Good point, Jon...

Also, in some instances, there have been those who think it much easier to have someone else do all the footwork for them instead of doing their own research both in the manuals and on the forums, and they overburden support with one minor problem after another.

Once spotted I won't hesitate for a second to tell them to read the manual, and conversely I believe I try to assist those sincerly in need of help as much as anyone.

I also find that a person retains what they learn on their own much better than what's handed to them, so being sent to the manual does have longer lasting benefits.

This does not imply that deleting songlist entries was not a valid problem. It is. As I indicated in an earlier post, I have yet to have the textbook solution outlined above work for me. The track is gone, but the listing remains.

Take care,

George

Corbin
November 6th, 2003, 05:34 PM
When I first started this karaoke life... MTU, Products, and the members, helped me out a ton... We're great friends here... I've been away for a while, (Karaoke Burn Out), but now I'm back and if I can help anyone out... I will...
Thanks everyone...
Corbin