PDA

View Full Version : Disc boot failure

Party of one
November 1st, 2003, 03:37 PM
I'm total confused. I get this "Disc boot failure, Insert system Disc and press enter. I've tried every disc I have. The shuttle won't let me in. Wow It took along time for me to try a computer system. I guess with all the sweeping (fixed now) problems and now this. It says my mirror 1X2 is off line. I'm glad I wasn't doin a show. I need help. Anyone.......

S. Parks
November 1st, 2003, 07:08 PM
Sure sounds like you have a conflict or problem in the RAID program in your Shuttle. Did you buy it form MTU? If you did I would contact them immediately.

jaddams
November 1st, 2003, 11:45 PM
Party of One,

We need to know the exact error message you are receiving. This could tell us which course of action to follow.

The Disk Boot Failure, Insert System Disk and Press Enter message can be created by a number of problems. Until we know the exact error message, please check the following in this particular order.

1. Make sure you do not have a floppy disk on drive “A.” If you do, take it out and try again.

2. Check and make sure all cables are connected properly between your drives and the RAID controller, and…

3. Run a scandisk utility to make sure your drives are good.

If all the tests above do not correct your problem, your RAID controller drivers could be corrupted, IF your Operating System is Windows XP, and you have the latest drivers for your RAID controller, then…

1. Try booting off of the installation CD and select the repair option.

Please post back with the exact error message so we can continue trying to help you with this problem.

Good luck,

Jon

MTUSUPPORT
November 3rd, 2003, 10:08 AM
Party of One,
To fix this, you will need to ship me the computer back so that I can fix it and save your .kma files off of the drive. This will beable to be done if nothing has been messed with in the system, that had it erase the drives.

Please contact me at MTU for an RMA number.

Party of one
November 3rd, 2003, 12:01 PM
Wel I'll start from the beginning last week I turn on my shuttle that I bought from MTU. ( I started the sweeping mess thanks again for helping on that) I notice a critical message on my 1x2 mirror. I started to go to rebuild it. I didn't make it there I got a call on the phone. Turned off my shuttle. @ days later this is what happen. I turn on the computer this is what it was flashing.

ID MODE SIZE TRACK MAPPING STATUS
1 1x2 Mirror 11900m 14467/255/63 offline

Problem is DELETED WITH ARRAY:1

Press Ctrl - F to enter Fastbuild Utility or
Press ESC to continue

(I then press ESC cause CRTL - F does nothing)
(Next I get this)

Verifying DMI pool Data...............
Boot from CD :
(then I get the copyright written out AND THEN THIS APPEARS)

PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable
FXE-MOF: Exiting NVIDA Boot Aget
Disk boot failure, Insert system disk and press enter

( I tried every disc I have none works except windows and I'm afraid I'll mess up hoster if I do that. Should I do that .)
( these are the disc I have
Mainborad- which has
Manual
Utilities
Drivers

Hoster

Windows XP Professional

Product CD by Promise tech
Did I mess up by not rebuilding my mirror program in time.
I've had to rebuild about 6 or 7 times since I got this shuttle.
Thanks again for helping.

MTUSUPPORT
November 3rd, 2003, 12:10 PM
Party of One,
You will need to send this system back to me so that I can recover your KMA files and get this fixed for you. The way the shuttle is set up, if this happens you are unable to repair or fix it.

This is a downfall to the Raid. Please contact me for an RMA number.

Party of one
November 3rd, 2003, 12:22 PM
Sorry I posted this before I got your message. I don't know what happen. I checked my cables (like the error message said) is all I did. I'll send it to you. Thank you.

Party of one
November 4th, 2003, 05:10 PM
I sent it fedX today, Thanks

Party of one
November 13th, 2003, 10:34 AM
I hope you received my shuttle X by now. Please let me know if you did. Thank you.

MTUSUPPORT
November 14th, 2003, 12:22 PM
I have gotten the System. I have it running, somewhat but am trying to get all your .kma files off of the computer before I do anything with it. This is what is taking me some time to try to get all this information off the system, before I have to reload.

Party of one
November 14th, 2003, 05:48 PM
Thanks, Just wanted to make sure you have it. You never know.
Thanks again.:w

Party of one
December 7th, 2003, 09:05 AM
I would like to know how things are going or not going with the shuttle X. Thank you.

MTUSUPPORT
December 7th, 2003, 08:42 PM
You should have the system very soon, it was shipped on Thursday I believe.