PDA

View Full Version : Copy/Paste database - Solution

AllStar
October 31st, 2003, 06:59 PM
Hi All

After a bit of trying I found a way to bypass allllllllllllllllllllllllll the typing and copy/paste from Excel (my songbook).

Open Excel & Hoster and Tile Windows Vertically
In Excel Mark the test in the cell, right click mouse button & select Copy Not CTRL C
Move to Hoster, and as you would nomally edit the needed cell, right click mouse and select Paste Not CTRL V

Works for me!

Happy Hostering:)

Theorbit
November 1st, 2003, 01:36 PM
Do you use this method to import your song database into the Hoster database? I use KJPro as my database. I just bought the Hoster and was not happy to find that the Chartbusters were all wrong in the Hoster. Do you think if I export my KJPro database into an Excel format that I can merge or overwrite the existing Hoster database?

danny_g
November 1st, 2003, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Theorbit
Do you use this method to import your song database into the Hoster database? I use KJPro as my database. I just bought the Hoster and was not happy to find that the Chartbusters were all wrong in the Hoster. Do you think if I export my KJPro database into an Excel format that I can merge or overwrite the existing Hoster database?

should work by taking the excell form and do the cut and paste as you are importing those discs as a custom disc if I read into what the original poster is saying.

AllStar
November 4th, 2003, 08:24 PM
Hi Danny_G

Yes you are right. This is just taking the tedious job away of typing custom/wrong disks. Has nothing to do with importing from Excel as Theorbit was thinking

danny_g
November 27th, 2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by danny_g
should work by taking the excell form and do the cut and paste as you are importing those discs as a custom disc if I read into what the original poster is saying.
definately works straight from KJPRO. tried it on the hoster demo.
that and the fact it keeps trackof who is singing has convinced me that I not only want hoster, i need it. I just need to find out how to get it as My computer is offline again due to preparing to be able to make out books for my system due to having to purchase a new printer.

kedmison
November 27th, 2003, 07:07 PM
danny_g,

If I understood your post, you do your own printing of your song books. Just a suggestion you might want to consider. I used to print mine too but as the books got bigger it got more expensive for ink, paper and wear and tear on printer. I now use Pip Printing. I use Excell, but I then convert to Adobe and email them my file. Have come to find it's much cheaper. Just a thought.

Kelly

bobcox- with the Lord
June 16th, 2004, 02:11 AM
the best data base i have found is music book deluxe, very accurate,[unlike my spelling] fix problems fast, use any #s syst you want. be great if hoster could hook up with them, Bob

danny_g
June 16th, 2004, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by kedmison
danny_g,

If I understood your post, you do your own printing of your song books. Just a suggestion you might want to consider. I used to print mine too but as the books got bigger it got more expensive for ink, paper and wear and tear on printer. I now use Pip Printing. I use Excell, but I then convert to Adobe and email them my file. Have come to find it's much cheaper. Just a thought.

Kelly
I only print the first book and now that my selection has grown I might look at that but don't know what it would look like in adobe- I need the 2 column listing because of the size of the book.

djmadmaxx
June 16th, 2004, 08:42 PM
I also just print out one copy of my book and then take it to a printer and have them do the rest. I use KJ pro and my book is over 200 pages with 2 columns each.