PDA

View Full Version : Hoster won't open

adlerent
October 22nd, 2003, 10:48 PM
I installed Hoster and the install went fine. When I go to open Hoster up, I get the main screen and then it crashes. When the "program not responding" WIndows message comes up, the program closes but "hoster.exe" is still running in the task manager. Clicking "end process" does nothing. When I try to restart the computer, it hangs and the only escape is to power off the computer. I've checked to see if there are any conflicting programs running i.e. Roxio, etc. and there's nothing. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Beavis
October 23rd, 2003, 11:26 AM
Do you have all the windows updates ?

jaddams
October 23rd, 2003, 01:32 PM
Alerent,

Which version of Hoster are you running?

Jon

adlerent
October 23rd, 2003, 02:24 PM
Yes, I have all of the current Windows updates. I am running the most current build of Hoster. I attempted several different system restores back before the time I believe the trouble started. That didn't fix the problem. I also ended all of the processes running that I safely could and that didn't help. This is on my desktop Dell 8200 2.53G 512 ram WinXP Pro. I am using this computer to load my cdg's on an external hard drive. Any suggestions? Thanks!

gduns - with the Lord
October 23rd, 2003, 02:48 PM
When I try to restart the computer, it hangs and the only escape is to power off the computer.

It Sounds like windows has gotten corrupted on the hard drive,you may have to reload the system...... then hoster. I hope you have a backup.

windows will do this when you shut the power off and not shut it down in the normal manner. I have done this several times from lockups and control-alt-delete wouldnt let me out of a program. so I turn off power and then power back on and windows is corrupted. the only recourse is to restore the hard drive.

adlerent
October 23rd, 2003, 04:09 PM
Thanks for the reply! Windows XP works fine along with all my other programs except Hoster. As soon as I open Hoster, it hangs and that's when there's a problem The program itself closes but the "hoster.exe" process in task manager doesn't and will not close. Reopening the program just adds another instance of "hoster.exe" to the running processes but doesn't open the program itself. Those extra "hoster.exe" can be closed by the end process button but the original "hoster.exe" can't. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck. Could it be a driver conflict or something I need to delete in the registry to cleanly uninstall Hoster? BTW Microstudio 2315 exhibits this same behavior.

gduns - with the Lord
October 23rd, 2003, 05:25 PM
I guess I missunderstood....... Do you use roxio, cd creator, or nero software? They have been known to cause problems. It could be the aspi drivers, but I cant see how.

adlerent
October 23rd, 2003, 06:31 PM
I do use Roxio & Nero, but I agree with you, gduns, that they or the aspi drivers probably don't have anything to do with the problem.

adlerent
October 23rd, 2003, 06:44 PM
UPDATE. I uninstalled Hoster and Microstudio and deleted the MTU folder in the registry. Rebooted and reinstalled Hoster. That worked. Reinstalled Microstudio...worked. I had never installed Karaoke Pro, Keyrite and Vogone, so I thought I'd give them a try. Installed all three programs. Karaoke Pro wouldn't open "Error #1 Call MTU support". Then Microstudio & Hoster wouldn't open. Same original problem. I uninstalled all MTU programs and registry entries again. Rebooted and only reinstalled Hoster and Microstudio. Both programs are working properly for the time being. I'll try installing the other programs one by one and see what happens. I'll keep you informed. Thanks for your help.