PDA

View Full Version : Jumbled graphics HELP!!!!

rantz
October 18th, 2003, 06:06 PM
I am getting jumbled words and graphics on all imported songs. The first screen is pretty bad, but all subsequent screens are unreadable. I have tried songs from four cd's, all of which are brand new.

I am using a newly built Shuttle system (SN41G2) with the nVIDIA nForce GeForce 4MX chipset. It has 512 MB Ram and an AMD2200 processor.

I have updated EVERYTHING (Direct x, chipset drivers, BIOS, VGA drivers, and all windows updates), but I still have the same problem.

I have the Plextor PX-W5224A CDRW, which is supposed to be compatible with Hoster, so I can't figure out what the problem is.

Any advice is appreciated.

jaddams
October 18th, 2003, 06:39 PM
Rantz,

There appear to be some problems with certain Shuttle Computers and nVidia Chipsets. You may find this thread (http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?threadid=2836) interesting. Perhaps it could help solve your problem.

Good luck,

Jon

rantz
October 18th, 2003, 07:13 PM
Thanks Jon, but no help. I tried both suggestions and neither seemed to help.

jaddams
October 18th, 2003, 08:13 PM
Rantz,

I am sorry that didn't help. You equipment meets all requirements and then some.

Which version of Hoster are you running?

Regards,

Jon

rantz
October 18th, 2003, 08:51 PM
I am running the demo of version 2.014. I want to make sure everything is going to work before purchasing.

jaddams
October 19th, 2003, 03:13 AM
Rantz,

I know Hoster's release version supports the Plextor 52x. I am not sure if it's supported on the Demo version. I'll have to let MTU or someone else answer that questions for you.

I am sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Regards,

Jon

rantz
October 21st, 2003, 12:36 AM
Just to let everyone know, after speaking with MTU, I bought a new Plextor drive and the problem was fixed. Even Plextor is not perfect!!!

By the way, I replaced the PX-W5224A with the 52x32x52 PlexWriter™ Premium.

Thanks for the help Jon and MTU!

MTUSUPPORT
October 21st, 2003, 10:29 AM
Rantz,
Glad to hear that this did fix your problem. Sorry that you did find a Bad Plextor drive, this is why we at MTU have to test these drives.