PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha CRW3200 no longer works after upgrade

marksc1984
October 8th, 2003, 12:50 AM
MTU support,

I have been using Microstudio ver 2.506 with success. After upgrading to version 2.508 my Yamaha CRW3200E drive is listed as no longer valid for CD+G use. It has been working great writing discs at 20x. I did have to slow it down from writing at 24x. What happened and can you add it back to the list of supported CDR's?

Thank You

MTUSUPPORT
October 8th, 2003, 11:04 AM
Marksc1984,
This is code that we license from another company. What I can do is try to get it put back in, but this is usually very hard for them to redo for us. And it would not be until the next release which would be in 3-4 months, since we just got this last update.

The only thing that I can tell you is to go back to Microstudio 2.400 since that was working. As stated before the only drives that we recommend are the Plextor brands, these are the only ones that we know support CD+G 100%.

mlepine
October 8th, 2003, 03:02 PM
Marksc1984,

I recently upgraded my CDG Burner from your Model Yamaha 3200 to the Plextor Drive coming from MTU and believe me, it's a BIG STEP.

Yamaha no longer makes EDI Burner & there support is coming to an end. I do recommend you keep it maybe in another computer, it's not a bad drive but it's probably the last drive that was able to read cdg with little broken graphic (my rating 75%) with the DMA disable of course.

If you ever order the Plextor brand you'll notice NO MORE broken letters and the back up cd's will sometime look nicer than the original!!

Regards