PDA

View Full Version : Song List Alterations

ROBERT A ROGAN
October 2nd, 2003, 05:01 AM
Can anyone help me, I installed a CDG onto Hoster and due to time did not enter Artist`s names, just inserted a ????, intending to insert Artist`s later. When I try to change ???? for the artist`s name and save Database there is no change to my Book Listings. I have even installed the whole CDG Again adding all information,but even when I save on database! no change on my song book. also I have tracks that are out of order,but only on one CDG. Can I delete this CDG and reinstall it on the same book ID.
Bob

swaseysd
November 7th, 2003, 02:23 PM
Bob:

MTU's way of doing this is to delete the SONGS.MDB database and rebuild it. A simpler way for me would be just to edit the SONGS.MDB database (assuming you have Microsoft Access installed on your PC), search for the DiskID you used for that CD, and then simply type in the Artist names that you previously entered as ????

Steve

nreel
November 7th, 2003, 03:00 PM
Steve is correct. You can edit the SONGS.MDB direct, if you have ACCESS and know how.

However, ROBERT, if you have already taken the time to re-import the disc(s) in question to add the correct names, then, I think it would be easier to DELETE the SONGS.MDB and, then, REBUILD the DATABASE.

I think GEORGE might have been referring to this problem, in another thread, in that, when using MTU's Song Book Utility, the wrong information, once established and, then, corrected, still shows up - I could be wrong in my interpretation.

I do not print my Song Books via Hoster, therefore, I have no way of verifying that the above will work - deleting the SONGS.MDB and REBUILDING, that is.

Hope this helps. I will be watching so I can learn.

Norm

ROBERT A ROGAN
November 8th, 2003, 06:24 AM
To All, after obtaining info from nreel and the Easy way for me to follow, I have removed a lot of problems from my Database,and my song book. There are a Couple of Artist that are in the wrong place but I should be able to cut and copy. many thanks to everyone
Bob