PDA

View Full Version : Fixing Hoster sweeping too fast on NVIDIA Graphic Chipsets

pcgumshoe
September 25th, 2003, 01:51 AM
These instructions are for where songs are sweeping lyrics out of synch in Hoster.

Update your Chipset Drivers to the current version from the NVidia Site Click Here For NVidia Drivers (http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp)

If you are using an NVidia graphics card, download the driver for that as well, the Unified Driver is Several Versions Behind. Check with your card manufacturer to confirm that their version isn't recommended over NVidia's.

Install all the drivers. After your system has been rebooted and all the drivers are updated, right mouse-click on "MY COMPUTER" select "PROPERTIES" from the drop down menu. Select the tab labled "HARDWARE" click the "DEVICE MANAGER" button. Locate the "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers" and press the "+" next to it. Double Click on the "NVIDIA NForce MCP2 IDE Controller." Click on the "DRIVER" tab. Click "UPDATE DRIVER" select "Install from list or specific location (Advanced)" then click NEXT. Select "Don't search. I will choose the driver to install." Then click NEXT. Select the "Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller" and click NEXT.

Reboot the system.

Other associated issues:
Be certain that your HDD is on the Primary IDE channel and that the ribbon cable is an 80 Pin UDMA cable. If TWO Devices are on the Primary IDE channel, make certain that the HDD is closest to the motherboard.

Please let me know if this resolves your problems.

Ashton

MTUSUPPORT
September 25th, 2003, 02:16 PM
Here are Step By Step instructions on how to do what SOUNDTECH has found to fix the problem:

1) Open device manager by Right clicking on the My Computer Icon on your Desktop.

2) Left Click on Properties

3) Click the Hardware Tab. Click the Device Manager Button.

4) Click the + beside Computer

5) Right click the entry that (most likely) says ACPI Uniprocessor PC. Left click Update Driver. Select the Option that says Install from a List or Specific Location (Advanced).

6) Click Next

7) Select the Option that states Don't search. I will choose the driver to install.

8) Click Next

9) You now will see a list of what you can install. Select "Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) PC".

10) Click Next. Then Click Finish.

11) Click OK to Restart the computer. When the First screen comes up, when the system is powered on, press the Delete Key to enter Setup, when stated. This will take you into the Bios of the Motherboard.

12) In the BIOS press the Down arrow key to go down to Advanced Bios Features. Press the Enter key to enter the Advanced Bios Features.

13) Use the Down arrow key to go down to the item that says APIC Mode: Enabled. This should be Highlighted with a Red color. Press the Enter Key on this. This will open a new box that shows Enabled or Disabled. Use the Up arrow key to change this to Disabled. Press the Enter key to select Disabled. Press the Escape (ESC) key ONCE. This will take you out of the Advanced Bios Features page. Press the F10 key on your Keyboard to Save and Exit.

When asked the question SAVE to CMOS and EXIT (Y/N)? Press Y. Then Press the Enter Key. The system will now Reboot.

14) Once Windows is up, you should see the New Hardware Wizard come up and install some pieces of software. Once it finishes it will then tell you that you need to Reboot. Click Ok or Yes to Restart the system.

15) It will now Reboot the computer and you are finsihed.

Once you have Rebooted the system, please try Hoster again and let us know if this has fixed the problem for everyone.

Party of one
September 29th, 2003, 10:06 AM
Since I'm the one who started this, let me be the first one to say bingo. Things are sweeping just fine now. Gumshoe and the rest of our family a big thanks. Cubs win, and now this, are you sure the world's not coming to an end. :g Wow I wished I had read this earlier. It comes just in time for a gig next Sunday. I've tried 3 song and all are fine. I feel like a little kid, this will make Sunday much easier. Good things come to those who wait. Thanks everyone..................GO CUBS!