PDA

View Full Version : Copy my CDG-disk ????

MickeBO
September 26th, 2003, 12:14 PM
Hi.. i have a problem that i think you guys can help me with ??

I have a Lite-On LTR-16102B burner in my computer.
And i can burn CDG-disk with it from a mp3 and a cdg file.

But i cant read them after i have burned it on the disk.
i want to make a copy of my cd's so i have some backup if anyone of them goes bad.

i downloaded microstudio demo but i cant read them.
But i can burn karaoke disk if i have the CDG and MP3 file.

Do you have any suggestions of what i can do to make backup copy of my CDG disk's ??

Regards Micke

jahern
September 26th, 2003, 01:37 PM
DELETED

S. Parks
September 28th, 2003, 11:46 AM
I'm not sure your Lite-On LTR-16102B is CDG compatable. It will read and write the Audio Portion of a CDG fle, but that's it. I tried to cross reference it on MTU's site, (look under Micro Studio, and List of Compatable Drives) and they do not list your drive. The Plextor line of drives are hard to beat. The Ones MTU sells are pretested for CDG compatability, and combined with Microstudio will produce perfect results every time.

admin
September 28th, 2003, 12:31 PM
First, you are using songs stored in the MP3+G format, that creates two separate files. We defined the .cdg extension to mean a... Karaoke CD+Graphics song... logical enought, eh? Then others came along and corrupted our definition and they only store the graphic/lyric data in their .cdg file. So goes the logical standards :r

You will need a new CDR drive. We currently have our CDG certified drives price at $119 so its fairly inexpensive today.

Our drives can (and your's cannot :s):

1. Import individual tracks from CDG Karaoke discs to make a custom assembly with Microstudio

2. Play CDG discs in your CDR drive

3. Import all tracks as Karaoke CDG .cdg files to play from the hard drive, make backups, or use in new custom assemblies.

Also, many of our Microstudio + MTU Certified CDR drive customers report that our tools actually clean up their scratched Karaoke CDG discs.

If you can take a .mp3 and a .cdg (lyrics/graphics only file) file pair and create a true Karaoke CDG song, then your file format (maybe with a name extension change to .cdg) may be useable by Microstudio's Custom Assembly Tab to add with other songs to make a custom disc.

Hope this helps you in your decision. Questions? Post them here.