PDA

View Full Version : Graphics all jumbled up

dlessnau
September 23rd, 2003, 10:25 PM
I have a problem. I went to play one song, and it started out on first page of graphics with bits and pieces of the words missing. Then on the next screen, it got so there were no words at all, just sort of little lines and dashes.

I stopped the song and played another. Same thing. Could not see anything at all. Every song did the same.

I restarted the computer and it did not fix it. I turned computer off and restarted it. This fixed the problem.

However, if I play the original song again, the same thing happens. I can understand one song being distorted, but why would it effect the other songs?

This has me worried. I was doing this at home. Sure don't want it to happen on the job.

Any advice?

One other thing happened today. I was playing ten songs automaticaly. After one song finished, the program crashed and I had to start it over again. I played the same songs again and all worked well. What could cause Holster to shut down like that for no reason? Think it is a bug?

I have the latest version.

pcgumshoe
September 25th, 2003, 10:20 PM
Have you reimported the song? The one that corrupts the VIDEO? Also, what type of system do you have?

Make sure the disk you are using doesn't have a lot of scratches TOP or bottom. The top of the disc is the most important (The one with the label side) if you get any scratches there, you might as well throw the disk away.

I know in my CD Case, I have 2 disks that got scratched on the top with a little bit of grit, now the disks don't work well on one song... This could transfer to Hoster.... Try coping that song with Microstudio (if you have it) then import the song from the copied disk....

Just some thoughts

dlessnau
September 26th, 2003, 10:43 AM
I deleted the song and re-imported it. This time the graphics were OK. But I have not pushed it, and played it more than the brief test.

The CD was one that was copied by a friend and I don't think he did a good job.

Other than that, at my shows, everything is working fine. No problems, except every once in a while I find a song in my songbook but not in the computer. I must have goofed up when importing. I keep a list and then fix it the next day.

Hard for me to believe that the label side of the disc is improtant, but you must have found that out by experence. I'll watch for that.

Thanks...