PDA

View Full Version : Video Card

mlepine
September 20th, 2003, 06:05 PM
Could someone tell me if an ATI 9000 All In Wonder works with the dual window?

I need to upgrade my video card, I have an ATI 7000 VE with a TV out but I was told it won't work with the dual monitor.

Can I get a list of the Video Card that would work with Hoster Dual window? Only ATI would be my preference.

Thanks

jaddams
September 20th, 2003, 06:54 PM
Mlepine,

Your ATI 7000 VE does not support dual monitors. ATI started supporting dual monitors with the Radeon 7500 card.

The Radeon 9000 All-In-Wonder Pro does support dual screen! and, the entire All-In-Wonder line supports TV out as well.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jon

mlepine
September 21st, 2003, 09:48 AM
Thanks Jon,

Hoster is on my "Grocery List" for October.

Is it possible to install Hoster on my Desktop & Laptop?
Do I need to pay twice or does MTU offer a package?

I want to know because I might be singing live & I would like to use my Laptop versus the desktop.

I'm asking you because MTU doesn't seem to want to answer my questions...

Thanks

jaddams
September 21st, 2003, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Mlepine
Hoster is on my "Grocery List" for October.
Is it possible to install Hoster on my Desktop & Laptop?
Do I need to pay twice or does MTU offer a package?
Mlepine, the answer to those questions belong to MTU. I am just another customer and as such, cannot answer questions regarding their policies.

However, as far as I know, as it stands today, you cannot install Hoster on more than one computer at a time. Hoster’s security is tied in to your Ethernet MACID number which is unique. When you buy Hoster, you need to send MTU your MACID number and they in turn will give you a registration number for that card. Any computer that does not have that same card, will no run Hoster, if you try, you will receive a “system error #1.” :m

There is good news though, if you want to use Hoster on your laptop and desktop (one at a time) then you must buy an USB Ethernet Card AND use the MACID number belonging to the USB card to register Hoster. :)

If you do this, then you can run Hoster in as many computers as you like (one at a time) by simply moving that USB card to whichever computer you want to use. :g :g

I understand that MTU is working on another security scheme that will not require a MACID number, but to the best of my knowledge, this feature is not currently available.

Good luck,

Jon