PDA

View Full Version : Lyrics Sweeping Too Fast

SoundTech
September 20th, 2003, 04:35 PM
I have the shuttle SN41G2 system running Hoster 2.014 . So far we have experienced moderate video glitches int the lyrics.(parts of words missing) This is mostly on Sound Choice discs.

The worst problem is the audio and lyrics are never synced up right. Most of the time, the words are faster than the music by 1 or 2 seconds. Also we notice that if the song starts out ok, that by near the end of the song, the lyrics are faster once again.

System Specs:
Hoster 2.014
Shuttle SN41G2
WinXp SP1
Plextor PX-W5224TA BLACK CD Writer
512 Meg Kingston HyperX Series PC3200 DDR
120 Gig Western Digital 8 Meg Cache 7200 RPM Hard Drive
AMD XP 2500 Barton CPU
Running Latest Drivers from Nvidia
DirectX 9b

jaddams
September 20th, 2003, 04:59 PM
SoundTech,

Check out these threads, you may find your answer in one of them.

http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2577&highlight=shuttle+SN41G2

http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2680&highlight=shuttle+SN41G2

Good luck,

Jon

SoundTech
September 20th, 2003, 10:32 PM
I just upgraded to the latest bios. Still no change in the audio video sync problem. This is not good at all. I figured that a $200 piece of software should work pretty well. I like the karaoke show in a computer idea, but this seems more like beta testing, which I have done plenty of on gaming software.

I DID NOT pay $200 to be a beata tester. This audio/lyric sync problem is unacceptable.

pcgumshoe
September 20th, 2003, 10:50 PM
Soundtech, I have been posting on this subject and many of the people that claim they have the problem cannot answer this simple question - "Have you updated the 'chipset' drivers?"

I have been all over this and I know that I can simulate this problem on one PC and not on another. I have a track that I sent to MTU (did you get it by the way) that only is mis-synched on the system with the NVIDIA Motherboard Chipset.

This has nothing to do with your graphics card drivers, I am asking the chipset.

If you go to NVIDIA and download those drivers direct, install them all and then report back.

Thanks! Here's hopin' you can report it back yea or nay.

SoundTech
September 20th, 2003, 11:26 PM
I downloaded these drivers and installed before my first post. http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_udp_winxp_2.45

Thanks for the reply gumshoe.

Not sure if thats the right ones, but that is all I could find. It looks like a complete driver package for video and chipset both. I could be wrong about that.

pcgumshoe
September 21st, 2003, 12:04 AM
Thanks for responding, next I need to know your IRQ settings...

Please indulge me, I have one song that I know "USED" to scroll bad and I am trying to recreate the problem again on my computer.

In CONTROL PANEL please select SYSTEM PROPERTIES then check the tab HARDWARE then check DEVICE MANAGER under "VIEW" click RESOURCES BY CONNECTION click on the "+" sign next to INTERRUPT REQUEST (IRQ) now, list what devices are on what IRQs.

Again, thanks for cooperating, I am trying to identify what may be causing this... you may have eliminated the chipset drivers on account of I rolled them all back and the problem is still gone... now I am thinking the IRQ... :r

SoundTech
September 21st, 2003, 12:49 AM
Heres an attempt to post a screenshot of my IRQ settings. I had to zip it up so I could post it.

SoundTech
September 21st, 2003, 12:49 PM
I notice that the video glitches and artifacts mostley appear on the more popular songs. I wonder if heavy playing of the songs in the past has degraded the tracks on the cd somewhat.

I played around with different settings again all of last night and still have the problem with the words outrunning the music. This happens on 90% of 400 cds so far. But Sound Choice titles are worse than others. The lyrics ALWAYS go faster and faster as the song plays.

I dont know how the lyrics and audio are timed, or how they are supposed to stay in check with each other. But I can tell you that movies play great on this computer with NO audio video sync problems at all.

It seems to me that if Windows Media Player can play video clips without sync problems, then hoster should also play just as well. But like I said, I dont know how hoster keeps audio and video in sync. Maybe its a codec problem, if hoster uses one that is. This is getting old real quick.