PDA

View Full Version : How do you eliminate vocals when playing an imported Multiplex CDG?

dlessnau
September 17th, 2003, 06:43 AM
I have several Multiplex CDG's and wonder if it is possible to play them so only the music is heard and not the vocals?

Or do I have to seperate these out and play the CDG on my CDG player instead of my laptop?

Dave

gduns - with the Lord
September 17th, 2003, 08:02 AM
Best I remember I read that the multiplex tracks has the vocals on one track only. all you have to do is kill the channel (left or right) , and mix the right & left channel to mix to both. I have a work around for this. My computer is plugged into a vocopro 1050, you hit the remove vocals button and it does this.

if you are plugged into a mixer, most of them are made so if you plug your input into left channel only it outputs bothe left & right. This would also work also. just unplug the channel with the vocals and plug in the channel to the left input. works like magic.

dlessnau
September 17th, 2003, 08:08 AM
Good idea to unplug the channel with the vocals and then plug the music channel into the left so that music comes from both speakers. I was thinking I would only be able to get sound from the one channel.

Thanks...

I love these forums. Sure nice to get fast answers to questions that come up.

pcgumshoe
September 20th, 2003, 01:28 AM
Just a thought, I know that VOCOPRO (I hate the brand) has a karaoke mixing board that has an "MPX" button on it that eliminates the offending channel automatically... I have one of these boards but I needed more channels and control.

I think there is some software available in some sound cards that will do this too... Just a thought.

S. Parks
September 27th, 2003, 01:38 PM
The ever popular JVC line of players have the MPX button that instatly removes the vocal channel on Multiplex CDG's.

S. Parks
September 27th, 2003, 01:40 PM
Oh yeah, so do the CAV's units, at least most of them I've tinkered with.

dlessnau
September 27th, 2003, 05:04 PM
I am not using the JVD CDG player which I used to use. I am using the laptop.

I only have a few Multi plex and won't buy anymore. What I do, is unplug a speaker and play only the left side and it works OK, just that it is a bother.