PDA

View Full Version : Custom Assembly MTU01 problem

dlessnau
September 14th, 2003, 06:09 PM
When importing a custom disc, I would click on MTU01 and it would bring up a blank page, which I then filled in according to what was on my custom disc.

However, I accidently imported a disc and gave it the disc ID number MTU01. So now if I click on MTU01 I get the contents of that imported disc.

What can I do to get the MTU01 ID open again, so I can bring up a blank?

dlessnau
September 14th, 2003, 06:46 PM
Another question regarding Custom Assembly.

Am I correct in assuming I have to put in a different disc ID number for each custom disc I import, and not use the MTU01?

Must be, since otherwise you would have the same problem as in my previous post.

Right now, I am importing using the "KH Produce Made" MTU02 slot. If I keep goofing up, I will have no place to put my customs.

I am now importing disc 560 out of 700. Hard job, but a big reward in store, not having to lug all those discs to the show.

Beavis
September 14th, 2003, 07:07 PM
you can delete the I.D. # in microsoft access.

you can also use custom assembly and start with the number 1 and keep going up in numbers.

dlessnau
September 14th, 2003, 11:05 PM
I don't understand about deleting the ID number in access. Is that a separate program, or are you meaning "explore". In any case how do I do this? If I delete MTU01, how do I get it back in the drop down box?

Regarding starting at 1 in Custom Assembly, I can't start anyplace without being able to bring up MTU01. That is the only one that will bring up a blank page. When I bring up a blank, I can then change the MTU01 to any number want. But without MTU01 you can't bring up anything except discs I have already imported.

Beavis
September 15th, 2003, 01:44 AM
what version of hoster are you running?

dlessnau
September 15th, 2003, 07:34 AM
The latest: 2.014 on a Holster Laptop with XP Home.

Beavis
September 15th, 2003, 11:58 AM
OK, HERES HOW I DO MY CUSTON ASSEMBLY:

AFTER PUTTING THE CD IN THE TRAY:

1. CLICK ON IMPORT

2. MAKE SURE CUSTOM ASSEBLEY IS IN THE BOX

3. CHANGE THE DISC ID # ( TO WHAT EVER YOU WANT. I STARTED AT A-Z THEN AA TO ZZ, AND SO ON AND SO FORTH)

4. CLICK, ON THE NEXT IN THE BOOK ID #. THIS WILL BRING UP THE NEXT AVAILABLE BOOK #

5. CLICK, READ THE CD

6. CLICK, SELECT ALL

7. START TYPING IN THE SONG AND ARTIST. (USE THE TAB KEY TO ADVANCE TO THE NEXT FIELD ITS FASTER.

8. REPEAT STEPS 3 thru 7 AND YOUR ALL SET !!

Beavis
September 15th, 2003, 12:01 PM
OH !! DONT FORGET TO HIT THE IMPORT SONGS KEY.

ONE QUICK TIP, AFTER TYPING IN THE FIRST SINGER AND SONG YOU CAN START THE IMPORTING IT WILL BE FASTER RATHER THAN TYPING IT ALL OUT THEN HITTING THE IMPORT KEY.

YOU CAN TYPE WHILE IMPORTING !

dlessnau
September 15th, 2003, 12:55 PM
THANK YOU...

I did not know about clicking on "Read Tracks". I thought I had to use that MTU01 for reading the tracks and bringing up a blank.

It worked fine,

I am now at 632 imported. About 50 to go. If I ever lost my data, I would blow my brains out. I have a exteranal harddrive and I back up each 10 hour days work, so I feel pretty safe.

If I would have a crash of Holster and then reinstall it, will I just have to transfer the song files to the Holster Song folder? How about the database? I am not backing that up anyplace.

Beavis
September 15th, 2003, 02:30 PM
you can drag and drop the entire folder to another hard drive as back up. getting hoster to recognize where the files are is easy !

admin
September 16th, 2003, 02:09 PM
It is a VERY GOOD IDEA to backup your work, with Hoster or any computer program.

Read in the Hoster manual about the Rebuild Songs Database command. This allows you to create a new Songs Database, with some controls you may not be aware of if you don't read the manual.

You don't need to copy your songs from your external hard drive, unless this is your means of backing up your imported KMA files. When you rebuild the Songs Database, all the information is retrived from the header in each KMA file. However, you can limit or expand which hard drives and/or folders the command searches for KMA files. It only searches the drives and folders you enter.

If you want to organize your KMA files by some "genre", you can use Windows Explorer to move KMA files to different sub-directories titled that Genre (for example). Then, you can create different Songs.mdb databases as indicated below.

It also allows specifying where you want it to save and look for the new Songs.mdb database. This allows you to create multiple Songs.mdb databases, for example, for different shows for different nights (country, pop, gospel, all songs you have, etc.). The current Songs Database DESTINATION setting in the Rebuild Songs Database command tells Hoster where to find the "active" Songs.mdb database to use. Thus, the last one created is the one that will appear when you run Hoster, including immediately after changing this setting.

Originally posted by dlessnau
THANK YOU...
I am now at 632 imported. About 50 to go. If I ever lost my data, I would blow my brains out. I have a exteranal harddrive and I back up each 10 hour days work, so I feel pretty safe.

If I would have a crash of Holster and then reinstall it, will I just have to transfer the song files to the Holster Song folder? How about the database? I am not backing that up anyplace.

kedmison
September 16th, 2003, 04:54 PM
Not sure where I posted this initially. Awhile back I reported a "heartbeat" type noise that was coming from my Hoster MTU laptop. I tried everything everyone mention and to no avail, I still have the problem. The moment that windows boots up a steady repeated tap or thump or whatever you want to call it begins. You can hear it through the ear phones and of course it is somewhat noticable when connected to my sound system.

It's not a ground problem and it does this even on battery power.

I have tried volume controls in windows and everything else I can think of. I did finally determined that the noise is coming from the Plextor PX-S88T drive. The ONLY way I can stop the sound is to go into the sytem file and disable the drive. This stops the noise. Muteing the drive doesn't stop it. Only disabling it does. Of course if I do this then you can't use the drive if someone brings a disc. It didn't do this until a few weeks ago. The only thing I could have done different is one of the windows updates. I don't use the computer for anything else but KJing. Any more thoughts? Could the drive be going bad. Haven't had it that long.

Kelly:?

kedmison
September 16th, 2003, 04:56 PM
I don't think it was the update now that I think of it. I have tried sytem restore and the noise is still there.

Kelly

pcgumshoe
September 20th, 2003, 01:39 AM
Kedmision, I believe your answer will be found here

My Second Post (http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2577&perpage=15&pagenumber=4)

And may I suggest, a thread is not a room with a lot of people in it, it is a lot of people responding to a SPECIFIC problem. When you post an "OFF TOPIC" issue, you may never find your answer unless someone responds and you remember where you left your question.

Another recommendation, at the bottom of the "REPLY" or "POST" screen is an option to have an "EMAIL NOTIFICATION"

This notifies you of ANY responses to the that thread. If it is a long thread you might get a lot of emails. If you are on dial up this may cause you some delays.

Another option, if you want to find EVERY thread you have responded to, simply click the SEARCH and search for your name.

:)