PDA

View Full Version : CD+G plays on some players..not others.

slydways
September 14th, 2003, 05:46 PM
I have made my own cd+g's by taking out vocals on regular cd's
They play fine on my two cheep $49 players ( The Singing Machine
and Daewoo DVD/CD+G) but on my new $260 JVC XL SV22...two of my songs play extremely low volume or no sound at all (video is OK) The fist and ninth song on the cdg. I know this cdg is good because I have used it singing at other shows on other equipment. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what would cause this? (by the way...I can here the sound fine in the headphones from the player...but the sound is not reaching my amp..no sound from speakers or headphones from amp):f

danny_g
September 14th, 2003, 06:14 PM
I used to have one of those players and can not remember if the remote has volume level buttons or not- a Pioneer player I used to have did and if you put the volume down on that it wouldn't pump any volume through the amp. have no idea why it would only be the 1st and 9th tracks though.

kjzone
September 15th, 2003, 09:09 AM
slydways...............

What software program did you use to make your own CD+G's?
Sounds like you used Dart and Not MTU's Karaoke Producer.
Homemade CD+G's made with Dart "WILL NOT" PLAY ON A JVC.
Homemade CD+G's made with MTU's Karaoke Producer WILL
PLAY ON A JVC.

George
September 15th, 2003, 10:54 AM
Used to have a lot of graphics problems with two JVC 200 disc carousel players even with MTU created cdg's. I dumped them in favor of two Sony CDX400 disc players and the problems ceased.

Added bonus: the Sony's will play CDRW's which takes me completely out of the coaster business. I burn on a 10X CDRW, and if something just doesn't come across on the large screen tv, or I decide to make a change, spot a typo, etc., no wasted discs or compromised quality in favor of not creating a coaster.

Not suggesting slydways make a change, but may help someone else reading this that's contemplating a change in players.

George

slydways
September 15th, 2003, 07:38 PM
I figured it out.....The JVC has a three position "mpx' button that chages the output from "stereo","Rmono","Lmono"...I could here the audio on the two mono settings but not the Stereo...I remembered that on those two songs I DID NOT use the "modify for karaoke" box in Vogone ( thought it sounded better without it)...I redid those two songs with the "modify" box checked and it all worked fine.!!!

Thanks for all your input though,
RC