PDA

View Full Version : eject button on "add track from CD" dialog?

SteveWalker
September 14th, 2003, 04:56 PM
My laptop CD-RW is difficult to eject so this would be a nice addition.

Steve

pcgumshoe
September 20th, 2003, 01:46 AM
If you right mouse click on the Drive, you already have that option
:w

SteveWalker
September 20th, 2003, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by pcgumshoe
If you right mouse click on the Drive, you already have that option :w

Yes, but you have to open the explorer and go to another window. Why not have the button where you need it inside the "Add CD Trk" or in the main Playlist window. About 50% or more of my singers bring their own CDG's so why not have this eject button where you need it? :w :w

Also, in the "Add HD Trk" Song tab should allow you to type ANY word in a title or artist and the search should display only the matches in the drop down box.

I think MTU can handle this solution with ease.

Steve

pcgumshoe
September 20th, 2003, 02:25 PM
You know, I remember the day that Windows had a "MACRO" recorder... So I searched and searched and no recorder... When was that phased out?

Basically, this program would be run and you would move the mouse around, click on things, and when done press a button and the macro would stop recording... Well, no more.

So, here is the next best thing. I have tried it and just in case MTU doesn't add your request, which you should post in the new features request section, here is a small utility that runs in the system tray where you can assign a key or several key strokes to open whichever tray you assign.

Hotkey CD-Eject (http://www.bykeyword.com/pages/detail6/download-6203.html)

The program is a SHAREWARE and it only cost $10. If it is such a problem for you, maybe the extra $10 will make it worth it and hey, it will work in ANY program you have under windows :c

Good luck!

SteveWalker
September 20th, 2003, 10:51 PM
pcgumshoe, thanks for the suggestion but I think MTU should add this feature for the reasons I stated. My laptop has a button on the CD-RW that doesn't stick out and just doesn't work well. You're right, Macros are nice utilities in many programs (editors, emulators, ect.) but I think that's overkill to do an eject button. :g

I always look for ways to find efficient and simpler ways to get things done with the current technology. When I went to engineering school the technolgy of the time made things alot less efficient. Let me give an example: we had Fortran programming classes on an IBM Mainframe and we had to stand in line to type punch cards (one per line) at a terminal, and then stand in line with 50-100 punch cards for the reader. Not too efficient of an operation and what if you made a mistake! :m

Steve

pcgumshoe
September 20th, 2003, 10:58 PM
I don't disagree with you at all, however, we also know that in the computer industry it is almost mandatory that we take a class in "WORKAROUNDS 101" This, albeit temporary, is "CHEAP" work around...

At least give it a try and download it. Heck, you might like it... I loaded it on the system and every time I reboot windows, it's there in the system tray. I just press "F11" and my DVD tray opens or closes...

I think you would have better luck requesting an "AUTO EJECT" button than an "MANUAL EJECT" button... I know that some of the pioneer karaoke players have this as a selectable feature... now that would be impressive! I think it would be easy too.

Best of luck regardless.

SteveWalker
September 20th, 2003, 11:07 PM
Thanks for the ideas pcgumshoe. :)