PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade policy?

midnighter
September 7th, 2003, 05:35 PM
I purchased the hoster program at regular price and then purchased the suite 4 and later I got an e-mail telling me I had to pay 15.00 more for an upgrade because it was 2 months old. How much money do you have to make on a product to justify an upgrade? Free upgrades, where ??????????????

admin
September 8th, 2003, 07:02 PM
Click here (http://www.mtu.com/support/info.htm#Upgrades) to read our upgrade policy.

midnighter, I am sorry you are displeased with us.

Hoster has had free upgrades since it was released in July 2002. You purchased Hoster November 22, 2002 and received a free upgrade which you registered on May 24, 2003.

There have been many times in the past where we provide free upgrades to get bug fixes to our users.

Now, if you lost your download email, which we make clear this is a valuable document you should both print and save as the email, then yes, there is a $15 charge. This is to cover the time spent for MTU staff to regenerate your download link. This is the only reason you would have been told you needed to pay $15 within 2 months. However, if you keep your download instruction emails safe, it will save you the $15 charge for our time.

Your record does not show you paid the $15 for the Hoster upgrade. Did we give it to you for free?