PDA

View Full Version : System #1 error - can't get a response from MTU!

Neil Meckelborg
September 4th, 2003, 01:24 PM
Hi;

I have Karaoke Home Pro 4 and have used MTU products successfully for a number of years. I recently installed a firewall / hub in the system and now I have the dreaded "System Error" message. I understand that it's due to the new hub, so I disconnected it and re-installed KHPro to no avail. I am having difficulty getting a response from MTU support, is there anything I can do myself without getting a new serial number? I have a 10 song disc that is supposed to be on it's way to the plant already.

Thanks!
Neil Meckelborg
www.karaokemaker.com

jaddams
September 4th, 2003, 02:55 PM
Neil,

Please read this thread (http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2349) and see if it helps you, then please post back with your results,

Good luck,

Jon

Neil Meckelborg
September 4th, 2003, 03:32 PM
I read that post and tried all the suggestions already. I've uninstalled KHPro and re-installed with the hub disconnected, and reinstalling with the hub connected. I get the same message.

I originally installed the program when the computer was at a different location, and I have since installed Win XP (it was originally installed on Win 98SE). I tried all the software after installing Win XP though and KHPro worked fine, the only thing that has changed since then is the firewall / hub. But even when I re-install with the hub disconnected I get the dreaded "System Error #1" message. Anybody got any other ideas?

Thanks

Neil

MTUSUPPORT
September 4th, 2003, 10:55 PM
Neil,
I beleive that you will need to rerun the KproID.exe program. Then copy the MacID that shows in that and email it to DougD@mtu.com. This way he can check to see if this has changed, this can happen if you set up a bridge on your Network under XP.

Neil Meckelborg
September 5th, 2003, 01:13 AM
Great, thanks Brian!

Neil Meckelborg
September 6th, 2003, 11:04 AM
That did it. I needed to run the ID program again to have a new MacID number for the hub, then send it to Doud D and he sent me back a new serial number.

Thanks for the help!

Neil