PDA

View Full Version : VCD discs. Do they play?

dlessnau
September 4th, 2003, 09:37 AM
I have the latest Hoster Software and was wondering if VCD discs will play from the hard drive and show the graphics, or don't they play at all?

I'm new at this and just learning.

MTUSUPPORT
September 4th, 2003, 11:12 PM
Dave,
VCD's and DVD's are not yet supported by Hoster. They should be supported in a future version, but currently they are not.

dlessnau
September 5th, 2003, 09:55 AM
Thanks Brian.

I have another question about VCD of which I have about 10. As I import discs, I am matching them to my KJ Pro songbook. When I come to an ID number slot that is a VCD, what do I do?

If I skip that spot and ID number, it then messes up the "Next" button for the Book ID. It will always go to the missing spot, which is not good, as it can lead to a mistake by me putting in the wrong number.

Can I Import the VCD in the ID number spot I have now, and later, when the software willl play it, import it again?

Or, what steps can I take to temporarily fill that spot, until such time as I can Import the VCD that is supposed to go there, to match my song book?

While I am at this question, you can also tell me if I should back up my entire hard drive on the external, using the Disk Image software you installed, or am I supposed to just back up the file with the songs I import? If I fill up my computer hard drive, can I use the external hard drive to continue importing songs, and then play from that harddrive on the job.

It would be a good idea to have a chime sound off when the software has completed importing. That way, one could go about his business while importing songs, and be alerted to the time to put in another disc, when the chime is heard.

Dave

MTUSUPPORT
September 5th, 2003, 11:09 AM
Dave,
As of Right now there is no way to Play or Import the VCD. You could import something in that location to hold the place and then go back and delete it in the future, if you wanted.

As to the Drive image I would just backup the songs that you are saving to your drive.