PDA

View Full Version : No Video?

dlessnau
September 3rd, 2003, 07:53 PM
I just received my Notebook Computer today all set up to start loading CDG's. I did OK putting in about 16 discs. However, when I went to test it out by playing the tracks, I had sound, but no video.

I put s-video into TV with S-video input and got nothing. I then put s-video into modulator and took coaxial from output to TV. Still nothing.

I get grapics on the laptop screen, so they are there, but can't get them to show on TV.

Any advice?

Also, am I supposed to have duel screen? I don't see that.

Beavis
September 3rd, 2003, 08:55 PM
you need to right click on the desktop & click on properties, there you will find the settings. you need to extend the desktop.

dlessnau
September 3rd, 2003, 11:02 PM
Thanks, that worked. I don't know what resolution to set each screen on, so I took a guess.

I am of the opinion that MTU needs to put a quick start guide in the package, so a new buyer does not have to spend the first day trying to figure out everything.

pcgumshoe
September 4th, 2003, 02:31 AM
Yeah, and next thing you know BMW will be giving lessons on how to drive the Autobahn in one simple manuever with every BMW purchase :g

Beavis
September 4th, 2003, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by pcgumshoe
Yeah, and next thing you know BMW will be giving lessons on how to drive the Autobahn in one simple manuever with every BMW purchase :g

KEEP RACKING UP THOSE POSTS !!!

pcgumshoe
September 4th, 2003, 06:32 AM
Actually, I find it funny... :) But I used to build systems all day long and I have so many USELESS manuals and never the time to wait 15 minutes to get to the point where maybe, MAYBE something of use would be found in a guide issued by ANY computer or software manufacturer.

As racking up those posts, it is very lonely in my office. I own a bar and when I was at the bar (on dial up temporarily until Friday) I just found the request for a quick start guide funny :r And there was no one around to share my chuckle with, so I felt the comment appropriate.

I would say that of my posts, maybe 4 or 5 were useless or had no real motivation. However, if you feel that I am trying to rack'em up, you might spend your time and find all my posts and report back to me how many of them were superfluous... I would like to know if I am wasting everyone's time.

danny_g
September 8th, 2003, 06:33 PM
naw just keep 'em coming as we all need a little laughter every now and then.