PDA

View Full Version : cannot get my Kpro ID : No network card

kevin_p
August 30th, 2003, 10:09 AM
The Plexwriter i bought is a ( px-w4824ta – internal)

It has installed ok.

However, on trying to install "karaoke pro" (v4.008), it prompts me to choose a network adapter to use, before I can obtain a “KPro ID” that I need to install the program.

I do not have a network card, hence I cannot install the karaoke pro program.

My key purpose for purchasing the product was for the karaoke features.

Network cards are not mentioned in your system requirements,
but are they REALLY necessary.

Can anyone help me out?

please......:r

George
August 30th, 2003, 10:17 AM
Copied and pasted from the Karaoke Products Kpro description on the website.

"You MUST have a Network (Ethernet) card or port in your computer. KPro security is tied to the MACID of a Network card to generate your Serial Number. The KProID.exe program will detect all the Network ports/cards and show them all to you. You will select one and send it to our web site form, which automatically verifies you own the product before it will allow you to request a Serial Number. We then manually verify your database record for ownership again, and if approved we manually generate your Serial Number and send it to you. This will allow you to install and run KPro only on the computer with that MACID/Network card. If you don't have a Network card, buy a USB card from MTU for US$32.00. This allows you to move KPro to a different computer that has the USB Card plugged into it."

If you will look on the NEWS page you'll see there is a new Kpro5000 series under development. This product has a completely different installation setup. I have no doubt MTU will treat you equitably on an upgrade to the new product.

They are not in the "tough stuff, you bought it" business.

Take care,
George