PDA

View Full Version : Importing CDG files already on the hard drive

Theorbit
August 20th, 2003, 08:39 AM
I want to buy a pc w/hoster preinstalled. But I want to be able to import files from the harddrive that I have been storing cdg files on using the Microstudio software you sold me 2 years ago. I read on the forum that hoster 2.1 will have this ability. If I purchase the complete pc now and start importing the other music that has not been previously saved using Microstudio, will I get a free upgrade to the new version that I really want when it comes out? Also, when do you anticipate the upgrade that will allow us to import previous saved Microstudio formatted files? And will the new version import the files and allow us to compress them as if they were imported directly from the cd?

admin
September 15th, 2003, 06:42 PM
Yes, you will receive a free upgrade to allow importing CDG songs on the hard drive that Hoster works with. :)

I can't tell you right now exactly when we willhave the code to import CDG songs already stored on the hard drive from Microstudio. It will be released before the full 2.1 release. We now have another programmer working on upgrading the Hoster Database. Once we have these upgrades, he will work on the Hoster Import Tracks tab to improve the ability to edit the Song name and Artist name fields for each track being imported. Part of this upgrade is required to allow you to input these fields and the Brand and DiscID the tracks are from (or create your own if you can't identify the Brand-DiscID). Thus, we are now working toward this operation.

Yes, this will allow importing CDG files imported with Microstudio and allow you to compress them as if they were imported directly from the cd.

We look forward to your upgrading to Hoster, and sincerely appreciate your business. :w