PDA

View Full Version : BookID explained

janiceandkevin@
July 29th, 2003, 12:25 AM
I just purchased Hoster and Ive started to import my cdg's and the book ID always starts at 101, and the first disk has 15 songs, the import the second disk and it starts at 200 what happened to the other 85 number available, and why cant I start at #1 these numbers are going to be confusing since I have over 15000 songs to import.

admin
August 20th, 2003, 08:26 AM
First, we recommend you let Hoster automatically assign the BookID for you. To do this, just click the Next button beside the BookID field in the Import screen.

The BookID you assign must be unique for a particular Brand (Manufacturer) and DiscID you select. It can be any number up to 9999 (no alphabetic or symbols). Hoster checks and gives you an error message if your choice is found in the Song Database from earlier imported songsr. Each Brand-DiscID you import will have a unique DiscID for its associated Songs Database.

The BookID is a forced unique number that prints in your Song Books. Also when singers give you a BookID, you type it in the Playlist's Add Track BookID field to add their song to your rotation in the Playlist.

You can either type in a BookID Root number, or click the Next button to automatically assign the next lowest available number for you.

For example, if you use BookID Root 25 for StarDisc 037 and you import track 14, the finished BookID for that track will be 2514. If you later import track 8 from the same StarDisc 037 disc, it would be 2508. A leading 0 is always added to tracks 1-9.

When you click the Import Selected Tracks button, it verifies your entry in the BookID Root field is unique. If not, you will see a message to correct this. The easiest solution is to click the Next button.

When you import KMA files on two different computers, you must decide what BookID you will start the second system numbering at (say 100), and start the first system at "1". Then, stop when you get your first system to 99 (NOT 100). Then, copy all your KMA files from the second system to the first, and use the Tools menu Build Songs Database command to combine both sets of KMA files into one new Songs Database.

If there are any duplicate BookIDs found, they are written to a log file named BuildSongDBLog.txt. You can open this file with Notepad, print it and re-import each of those BookID-Track.kma filenames again, using a different BookID Root number.

Then, click the NEXT button on the first system (with ALL the "currently imported" KMA files now) to get the next lowest BookID. Pick a new higher number to start importing on your second system and repeat the above process.

Do NOT use the same numbers on both computers running Hoster.

Now, there is another way that most folks don't know of. :g

You can run multiple copies of Hoster ON THE SAME COMPUTER AT THE SAME TIME! Thus, if you connect two different CDR drives to one computer, you can select the first in one Hoster that is already running, and run a second Hoster copy (yep, just click the Hoster Desktop icon again) and select the second drive. Your computer and hard drive are more than fast enough to handle this, so I doubt you will run any slower than with 2 computers... except you might feel a little more rushed than if 2 people do this on 2 computers.

Since both copies of Hoster are using the same Songs Database to get their next BookID, each Hoster will always get the next BookID, if you always click the NEXT button. :w :) :)

MTU often designs in multiple ways of doing something to allow each person to work in their own "style".