PDA

View Full Version : 8/15/03

pcgumshoe
August 15th, 2003, 02:44 PM
OPEN! OPEN! OPEN!

I am setting here outside MTU's door waiting for them to open the gates on KPro 5.0....

OPEN! OPEN! OPEN!

:g

jahern
August 15th, 2003, 03:49 PM
Hold my place in line; I'll get some burritos and hot chocolate. (Hey that's all the truck has!!)

pcgumshoe
August 15th, 2003, 04:13 PM
Hey, I would gladly take Burritos from Pico Rivera over Seattle, everyday of the week, and twice on Sunday...

All the mexican food up here is so "Americanized" it's sick!

I miss California, I used to go to the Swap Meet there in Pico Rivera with my Dad when I was younger!

Well, I am still holding our place in line!

Don't forget the hot sauce!

S. Parks
August 15th, 2003, 05:47 PM
Don't feel lonely, I'm outside the door with you. Hope this isn't another chapter in the long awaited vaporware saga. This carrot has been dangling out there for some time now. I think they make it worth the wait one of these days...maybe...

admin
August 18th, 2003, 06:11 AM
We've been working VERY hard on this baby. One of our top programmers has been on the "final coding" for over 2 months now. It is looking good, with lots of new features and flexibilities, but with all the new code it's just taking longer than estimated. In January, we expected to ship June 30! :r

There are a few grimlins still stalking some critical features, but they are leaving one by one. The Export CDG File command Renderer code had to be totally rewritten to draw the new variable fonts, colors, point sizes, sweep changes for 3 singers (Duet = #1, #2, Both), etc.

Rest assured, we are advancing it every day. We released Version 5.013 to our Beta Testers last week. Initial reports are positive. I'm now waiting for an update after the weekend on when 5.014 will be ready for the Beta Testers. I'll try to make a post here to let you folks know the status.

We also have totally replaced the security coding in all our new program releases... Microstudio 2.506 was the first to release. KPro 4.008 required a network card, which is not required now. We have engineered a really cool method that is easy for users to install, and yet insures that when the program is posted on crack sites it won't be installable.

We had an "identity theft pro" from Singapore order the beta vesion for $300 (we set it high to discourage everyone, but gave a coupon for $300 to our betas who had to order it). Of course he used someone elses credit card! We were able to disable the code before he could even try to install it. :g Man did that feel good! Three days later he emailed that it wouldn't install. Yes!!!!!!! Ah, the sweet smell of success. What a weird world we have to deal with today! :r

Hey... make my burritos chicken and cheese... please... Better hurry though! I think the show is about to begin! :g

admin
August 18th, 2003, 06:15 AM
Here's an image I made for the manual. Just thought you might want to look it over while salivating over the Burritos. :w

pcgumshoe
August 18th, 2003, 06:43 AM
You know I never really learned coding. I know that in the computer assembly, repair and trouble shooting scheme of things, I am seen by many as a god. Personally, I consider my skills second nature. I don't see them as some supernatural ability. I guess that is what the coders think too.

From one god to a perceived other, my hat is off to the coders and we will wait until it works and understand that sometimes you get all the software reloaded on that computer and you accidentally load a bad driver and fubar everything.

I just know that I have been waiting for over two years for your package to do duets and now, finally you will have it.

But, please hurry, I had one of those Burritos and I forgot to ask for no beans :e

Does anyone know a song to calm the salsa beast?

gduns - with the Lord
August 18th, 2003, 10:03 AM
He drinks Tequila, she talks dirty in spanish