PDA

View Full Version : Plextor Test?

K-joe
August 4th, 2003, 11:45 AM
As this is my first time on this forum, or any other for that matter. I've hesitated making contact. I'm relatively new to computers (2 years) and have recently purchased the Plextor 52 Premium for CD-G production.
I have 2 burning (pun) questions. 1) What test does MTU use to certify/guarantee that their Plextors will read and write CD-G?
2) What proceedure/process can I use to determine if my Plextor is a keeper? Purchased locally.

Thanks, Joe

MTUSUPPORT
August 4th, 2003, 11:50 AM
Our software doesn't yet support that drive. We should have a version that will in about 2 weeks.

For us to verify the drives work for CD+G, we basically burn 2 CD+G discs on the drive. Then we have to go back to watch the copy, to make sure there are no broken graphics. If the graphics are broken or distorted, then the drive usually is bad.

jdv74
October 23rd, 2003, 04:50 AM
Just purchased this today and am in need of help. Is there now an upgrade to support this hardware? I'm really looking forward to using my computer to create and burn my own cd+g's.

Help! Any help in creating discs is also appreciated!!!

Thank you!

Joelle

MTUSUPPORT
October 23rd, 2003, 09:51 AM
Yes,
Microstudio 2.508 supports both of these drives now. You will need to upgrade to this version.