PDA

View Full Version : audio glitch

kenpattx
July 28th, 2003, 10:59 AM
been using the shuttle at shows for about a month now, at this point every thing works great except.....when moving from hoster to book titles or artist, I get a bleep instant lose of audio, like a fraction of a second. and it is not consistant, anyone having this problem.....thanks ken

gduns - with the Lord
July 28th, 2003, 11:24 AM
I dont have the shuttle system. But anytime I open up the add hd tracks and a song is playing I get a short pause. I have found just to leave it open and move it to the bottom of the screen. then slide it up when you need to use it. that saves the little glitch.

Beavis
July 28th, 2003, 08:03 PM
i said it before, MTU needs to change their beta testers. not all of them but the ones who have absolutely no problems. maybe some of us who have problems could be of help?

i dont mind paying for the program and being a tester.

pcgumshoe
August 7th, 2003, 04:31 AM
Memory and CPU speed. Another thing, if you get a beep from the computer, you may have windows set to play audio for various things.

Make sure in the Control Panel Sounds and Audio Devices you select the Sounds Tab and select Sound Scheme to "NO SOUNDS"

How much memory do you have? I have 1Gig and don't get into this on a slower system.

admin
August 7th, 2003, 10:39 AM
kenpattx, please post the Hoster version you are running (Help menu, About command).

Version 2.013 and 2.014 had extensive rework done to the audio player to reduce the CPU requirements.

To replace any of our very respectful, technologically capable, brutally honest, well knit group with others will not be considered. I have been in business for 34 years, and this is the best "crack" tester team I have ever had the honor to work with. They do an excellent job and deserve your thanks, not insults.

For the record, a number of our beta testers reported the following audio dropouts:[list=1]
When opening the Add HD track dialog
When selecting between Brand-DiscID-Track or Singer or Artist (the latter 2 carry a very heavy SQL Query compute load)
When resizing the Hoster or any other program window
[/list=1]
Version 2.014 should not exhibit problems with #1 or #2 above. We do have reports on an audio dropout when resizing any program while playing in Hoster. HOWEVER... Windows Media Player also sounds an audio glitch when resizing. Given that we play throught the Media Player, this not something we can program around in Hoster. This is something that can easily be avoided when performing a show.

We will also completely rewrite our audio player code from ground up using Direct-X 9.0 to add VCD and DVD playback. Maybe Microsoft has added some fixes in there to prevent audio dropouts. :f

gduns - with the Lord
August 7th, 2003, 11:17 AM
VCD would be welcome, I have understood that there isnt a compatable plextor for DVD yet. I also learned what not to do. I just leave the add hd track window on.... and pull it down to the bottom of the screen till I need it. saves the glitch. For the most part, I would like to Thank the forum Members for their help and problem sharing, and solving skills. You have helped me more than...........

kenpattx
August 8th, 2003, 05:49 PM
we are running 2.014.. let me explain how and when the glitch happens.. when we boot up we first bring up the artist book and minimize,, then the title book and minimize it,, then we bring up the hoster,, with titles and artist running, when we maximize the artist, or title this is when we get the glitch,, we don't get a beep we get a very small space of no sound..... the reason we use the system in this way, when you search in the add hd you don't get your choice of brand of disc,, when you search artist or titles you do...so we use the artist and titles a lot... this problem is only on the shuttle,,we also run the laptop and do not have this problem with it... I hope this helpd to explain my problem any help is appricated.... ken

pcgumshoe
August 8th, 2003, 06:50 PM
The Shuttle, is that one of those small footprint computers?

Here is a suggestion that may help:

Right Mouse Click on an empty space on the desk top.
From there select the Appearance Tab
Here change Windows & Buttons to "CLASSIC WINDOWS"
Now select, EFFECTS, from here uncheck the "Use the following transition effect for menus and tooltips:" and "Use the following method to smooth edges of screen fonts" and "Show shadows under menus" and maybe even "Show window contents while dragging"

Now, the next thing I would do is get rid of any nice pretty pictures in the background... You know like that annoying pasture!

Under Desktop, select background "NONE" maybe use a subdued color so you aren't the brightest thing in your show!

Click on the "APPLY" button and then "OK"

The other think I would suggest, and I think I said this earlier, is to go into "CONTROL PANEL" and select "Sounds and Audio Devices Properties" and then click on the "SOUNDS" tab. From there find the "Sound scheme:" and chose "No Sounds" you may be asked to save your old sound scheme, fine call it "OLD" then click "APPLY" and "OK"

When ever you open or close a window and you have sounds on, you will normally hear a "Wooshing" sound that the computer makes. It really is unnessesary, however, it might conflict with the sound you are already playing through the Hoster program.

I know that I mentioned this one before, if you have already done it, do the things mentioned first. They will reduce your overall processor load on the windows side and whenever you open a window, it should reduce the likelihood of causing the dropout.

Please let me know if this helps.

pcgumshoe
August 8th, 2003, 06:52 PM
Sorry, I left out

Right Mouse Click on an empty space on the desk top.
INSERT HERE: Select "PROPERTIES"

Got ahead of myself... :r

gduns - with the Lord
August 11th, 2003, 07:51 AM
If you open your "artist, & Song" in access databases you are consuming a massive amount of memory. I run a cheep program called mdb2000 you can put your songs.mdb in it and search the database by anything!!!!! for instance if you were looking for "Beer for my horses, whiskey for my men" You could type in on or two words and have an instant search. In this case I would look it up By typing Beer. It would save having two programs open along with hoster. and help you out too. also Upgrade to 1 gig of ram. That helped me a bunch.

mindonstrike
August 11th, 2003, 06:04 PM
gduns,

Are you using this "mdb2000" to select songs for the playlist or just as a computerized songbook?

Sam

cajunbiker
August 11th, 2003, 07:11 PM
It's only an access datebase reader. But You can see songs with it you cant see in the lookup of hoster. If you have a number of one particular song, you can find the one you want then key it into hoster. shame it wont add to the playlist.

mindonstrike
August 12th, 2003, 04:28 AM
Thanks for the reply.

Sam