PDA

View Full Version : Faint lyrics sweep

Johnnystell
July 25th, 2003, 04:05 PM
Hi Guys, maybe someone could help me out with this question about Kpro? I made a CDG and everything appeared perfect when I played the tracks back on my computer. However, when played back thru a cdg player at a show, the lyrics sweep was very faint or not visible at all on the monitors. I used yellow for the sweep over white text and a blue background. How would I adjust this with the software? Or, should I use different colors? Thanks again! JohnS :)

Flipeoke
July 25th, 2003, 04:26 PM
Sound like trouble with the display you are showing it on. Is there a way you can change the color settings? I would first check to see if you can adjust the color controls on the troubled TV. If you have multiple displays of the same brand, check the settings on the TVs that display properly, then adjust the others accordingly. Then if all else fails I would choose a more dramatic color sweep, white text/red sweep, or something like that.

Flip

jaddams
July 25th, 2003, 04:38 PM
I have removed this post. jaadams meant to send this to Flip in a Private Message.

MTUSUPPORT

George
July 25th, 2003, 04:40 PM
Flip is right regarding the color contrasts.

Yellow over white(or the reverse) is rather iffy and can really look washed out on some screens.. but they look good on the pc monitor when producing the cdg. Try more contrasting colors.

George

Johnnystell
July 25th, 2003, 04:41 PM
Thanks,

There was no way I could have adjusted the monitors because they belonged to the guy running the karaoke show. I will try different colors and see how that fares. I did like one track somebody else was using that had a red sweep over white text and a black background. Perhaps that'll show up better on the monitor if I use it as well. Thanks again. John

Flipeoke
July 25th, 2003, 04:41 PM
George,
Yes, I realized I included it after I posted, forgot to uncheck the box... sorry.

Flip

Flipeoke
July 25th, 2003, 04:44 PM
That reply was for Jon, just got home from a long day, and trying to do too many things at once... Anyway, you get the idea...

Flip

Flipeoke
July 25th, 2003, 04:45 PM
ARGH! I can't win...

George
July 25th, 2003, 04:48 PM
Jon said we were an elite group:g
George

MTUSUPPORT
July 25th, 2003, 04:48 PM
Its ok Flip. We all go through that stuff when Friday comes around.