PDA

View Full Version : upgraded to 2.014 now hoster doesn't recognise disks previously imported

endofthetrail73
July 19th, 2003, 09:03 PM
ok ... yet another id10t error ..on my part i'm sure....
i have imported 254 disks of my 600 disk library.... then i decided to upgrade to 2.014.... program beautiful.... runs excellently... except.. the book id is now reset... disk 255 when i click next for book id gives me 1....
and all of the previously imported disks are there ... i checked...
how do i make hoster recognise these disks and thus allow me to finish importing??

Flipeoke
July 20th, 2003, 12:18 PM
Sounds like all you have to do is rebuild your book. The steps are outlined here. (http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2531)

endofthetrail73
July 20th, 2003, 12:46 PM
We have rebuilt the song book to no avail. Hoster still does not regonise the discs that have already been imported. Thus ex. sc101 in our book is 12, if we go to the look up hoster shows that it is not imported and also will again start back at one on book id#. If we were to print the book yes it would regonize all songs that have been imported thus far... and even after clicking the configure/build song database hoster shows no songs/ disks imported... the files are there i have acertained that much. The most important feature that we need to get corrected/figured out is that we need hoster to regonize the discs/songs that have been already imported so we can finish importing the collection, and actually run a show

pcgumshoe
July 20th, 2003, 01:13 PM
I was having a similar problem and Flipeoke is correct. There is, however, one omission. The fact that where you save the database file will determine whether or not it works...

Click on Configure > Build Song Database
a windows will open allowsing you to choose where files are stored, you can add multiple directories if necessary. Select where you want the songs.mdb file to be stored, (by default I beleive it is \Program Files\Micro Technology Unlimited\Hoster\Databases\

Everytime I would rebuild my database, I would do as Flipeoke said, under "SONG SOURCE FOLDERS" I would "SELECT FOLDER" which was my D:\ Drive and then I would pick where all the songs were (in case you have them in seperate folders or HDD's) then under "SONG DATABASE DESTINATION FOLDER" I would select folder and leave that on the ROOT of the D:\ drive or whatever drive I had all my discs on. HOWEVER, and this is not covered in the manual and not really addressed, Hoster is not intelligent enough to refer to this file unless it is in the default folder. by default folder I mean the "DATABASES" folder that is a sub-directory to Hoster and Micro Technology Unlimited.

So, if you installed Hoster and didn't use the default directories and the Hoster program is located somewhere like this "D:\Only Program Anyone Should Ever Use\Best Program In the World\MTU ROCKS\Hoster" then there should be a folder called "DATABASES" and this is the folder you MUST select in-order to have a successful rebuild.

If that isn't what worked for me, I need anti-gremlin software.

admin
July 20th, 2003, 01:26 PM
When the Build Songs Database command is run and a new destination folder is entered for the new Songs.mdb, it does set the folder path in the registry. However, Hoster is not updated and the Add HD Track dialog will not find and use it.

Additionally, if there is no Source Folder selected for where the .kma files are located (multiple folders/drives can be selected), it does not search all the drives/folders, and it does not find the .kma files on the system.

SOLUTION: In the Build Songs Database, be sure to add all your drive/folder locations in the Source Folders list box. Also, make sure you change your Destination Folder, and make sure it is a correct path to a folder on your hard drive.

Flipoke and pcgumshoe have done an excellent job of answering this problem. :w :c

endofthetrail73
July 20th, 2003, 05:45 PM
ok... thanks for your input guys but while the help was i'm sure sound and good in most instances.... i solved this in the following means.......
1. I uninstalled everything except the .kma files...Everything... scoured sys and removed anything to do with hoster.....

2. reinstalled hoster...

3. followed your explicit instructions to the letter....

and it worked..... i have no idea why i had to do the other steps.... but it is once again recognizing imported disks.....

admin
July 21st, 2003, 05:43 AM
That was a bit extreme, but it too works. We're all glad you are now working. We are working on this bug right now and will release a version before 2.1xx with this bug fixed.