PDA

View Full Version : hoster not importing tracks

endofthetrail73
July 8th, 2003, 12:15 PM
i recently purchased and installed hoster, that was easy.... but now that i have everything ready to import songs.. ie. detected drives, set location for imports etc. it says ready but will not import??? any help please!!!

Flipeoke
July 8th, 2003, 11:05 PM
Are you getting any error messages? Does it try to import then fail? Here are the steps to importing songs:

1. Open Hoster.
2. Click Import tracks tab.
3. Select the BRAND of disc from the drop-down box.
4. Select DiscID.
5. If no BookId is shown click Next
6. Select your compression ratio.
7. Select your "Save to folder"
8. Click Read CD tracks.
9. Verify that the song names and tracks match your disc.
10. Click the Sel box next to the songs you wish to import.
11. Click import selected tracks.

This should be all you need to do. If this does not work, tell us what happens at Step 11 (when you Click Import selected tracks).

Flip

endofthetrail73
July 10th, 2003, 04:34 AM
i do all that you have said.. i get no error messages. at step 11 i get an hourglass then the regular cursor but no import happens.

MTUSUPPORT
July 10th, 2003, 10:10 AM
What CDR are you using? Plextor brands are the only ones that truly work.

Have you clicked on the Tools Tab and make sure the Select Default Drive has a drive listed in the pull down menu.

This could be what you problem is.

endofthetrail73
July 10th, 2003, 11:41 AM
i have two drives one external one internal. ext is a plex writer 24/10/40.... the int is a plex writer 48/24(i think)/48.
both drives are recognized and according to the manual both are supported.

MTUSUPPORT
July 10th, 2003, 01:28 PM
Yes,
Those drives are both supported. But do you have the disc in the one that you have as the drive for Hoster to use? As I stated above in the last post, check this and make sure that you are using the correct one that is set on the Tools Tab in Hoster. If not this will occur.

endofthetrail73
July 10th, 2003, 01:51 PM
i tried both drives selecting appropriatly which drive hoster should look for. same result

jahern
July 10th, 2003, 03:15 PM
If this problem is like what some people report in Microstudio, then I make suggestion of two possibilities.

Many people select the cdburner drive itself as the folder to import tracks. Microstudio gives a red error message; don't know about Hoster. Make sure that you have selected a folder on the hard drive.

(This one is going to really annoy actual Hoster users if I am off) Is it possible that you are importing but not to the folder that you think? A file search might be in order.

Hey it's my lunch hour and a slow day and this was the first problem in Hoster in a while that wasn't some kind of serial number problem. Didn't mean to chap any Hoster owners, but it looked like I could throw in my own two cents.

Good luck with your problem :g :g

endofthetrail73
July 10th, 2003, 03:23 PM
the import directory is set apart from the burner has it's own folder.. and hey two cents are always woth something... all help is appreciated

Flipeoke
July 10th, 2003, 05:02 PM
OK, time to delve into this a little deeper...

First try to uninstall and reinstall Hoster. If that doesn't help:

Make sure you have all the latest drivers, and windows updates. You might even try updating the BIOS of your motherboard.

To insure hoster works properly you may need to update the following:

CDR drivers
Video Drivers
Sound Card drivers
ASPI drivers
DirectX
Windows Updates

Not sure how many of these could be related to your problem, but it won't hurt to have the latest of all...

Post what you have as far as hardware.

Flip

Also does your CDR work in other programs when importing songs?

endofthetrail73
July 11th, 2003, 03:16 PM
gentlemen thank you for all of your help.... i have replaced my main board and replaced my vcd and replaced primary hdd.....
all is now fine and all is now working :g :c :)

Flipeoke
July 11th, 2003, 03:30 PM
WOW! I hope you were due for an upgrade anyway... :w

Glad to hear everything is working,

Flip