PDA

View Full Version : New Khpro User Needs Some Help

edfroix
July 4th, 2003, 04:13 AM
First of all greatings to all you "Fellow users out there"

I'm using ( or better trying to work with :w )
the Karaoke pro Workstation.
Especially Karoke pro and must finish a Karaoke CD
for a client next week, but thing are going smooth.
So i need some advice from one of you Karaoke Pro users.
I did read the manual but for me it's hard to completely understand it beceause of my por english.

So here are my Questions:

1. Is there a simple tutorial in steps maybe with pics.
of how to make an Karaoke song?.

2. How comes if i try to playback a song with markers placed
and with the view window open the program crashes?

3. Is there an option to syncronise/place the text with a mouse?

4. Need i to generate a rw file before viewing te graphics?

5. Do i need to keep the create screen for adding the lyrics to the
floating track? , or do i have to place it in the microproject
and how?

Greatings........

pcgumshoe
July 17th, 2003, 05:28 PM
First off, what language do you speak?

I speak German better than I write it, but I would be willing to send you an instructional file with pictures if German is your language and try and help you out.

As to the mouse, I find the keyboard to be much easier to use because my thumbs work better and faster than my finger. Also, I can pause the scrolling more easily as well.

Let me know, however, if I can assist you in German.

edfroix
July 24th, 2003, 06:01 AM
Originally posted by pcgumshoe
First off, what language do you speak?

I speak German better than I write it, but I would be willing to send you an instructional file with pictures if German is your language and try and help you out.

As to the mouse, I find the keyboard to be much easier to use because my thumbs work better and faster than my finger. Also, I can pause the scrolling more easily as well.

Let me know, however, if I can assist you in German.

Thank you for responding to my question,

I'm from the Netherlands ( rotterdam ) and working for
a Multi media facilities company
So i can help myself with the "Deutsche" lenguage but it's not as good as :) .
Whe bought a MTU workstation especially for Karaoke.
But.......... I did run to some litle problems, the problems that i asked before on wich you answered are solved en yes you're right it's more easy to use the keyboard for colouring the text.
But.... i hope that you or someone else can help me with this.

I made a Karaoke track like this:

1.Created a Logo
2.Then placed a graphic for the titel ( beceause it is not possible place the titel NOT in the middle of our Logo?)
3.Then placed all the text en here my problem comes in
when the last text window is shown, before the last text line sweeps, the first one is been swepped away by the background colour that i'm using as a default colour.

what i want is that the last text window stays in de screen en after a few seconds some graphics will be drawn around that text so i have to do something with "transparant" function ? but for that graphic i'm using a .bpm file and the colour option is limited en i can not use the transparant option

well i hope that someone can help me with this .............

pcgumshoe
July 24th, 2003, 01:32 PM
If what I understand you are saying is this, then I don't think you can do that, yet ;)

In the song, "Music Of The Night" from Phantom of the Opera, the last refrain is, "HELP ME MAKE THE MUSIC OF THE NIGHT" (Sorry about Caps, I usually put sung words in Caps and spoken in Lower Case)

From that last refrain, you want those words to stay on the screen and a logo, same as the opening screen to sweep in the background leaving in place this same text?

You mentioned that you are using the Workstation, I have Karaoke Pro and I don't know anything about the workstation. But as I recall the screen has to fully refresh, all new?

If, however, you want to have text written over your logo on the last screen that is NOT sung in the last refrain, that appears to be easy.

Simply "ENABLE" the credits page, type the text you want in the "TITLE TEXT" window, then press the "GRAPHICS" Button Choose your graphics and adjust the settings. All should be done.

I think you may be trying to do something like some of the bigger named karaoke companies use to do, I think Nutech, who bought out BMG (or was it BMB) used this technique with a graphics logo in the upper right corner of the screen. As far as I know, that was propriatary software that transferred hands. I don't know that MTU manufactured that software, nor that that has even be requested as a new feature under future versions. If that is the case, and MTU finds a demand for it, they may add it. Just post a request in the "NEW FEATURES REQUEST" forum.

edfroix
July 25th, 2003, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by pcgumshoe
If what I understand you are saying is this, then I don't think you can do that, yet ;)

In the song, "Music Of The Night" from Phantom of the Opera, the last refrain is, "HELP ME MAKE THE MUSIC OF THE NIGHT" (Sorry about Caps, I usually put sung words in Caps and spoken in Lower Case)

From that last refrain, you want those words to stay on the screen and a logo, same as the opening screen to sweep in the background leaving in place this same text?

You mentioned that you are using the Workstation, I have Karaoke Pro and I don't know anything about the workstation. But as I recall the screen has to fully refresh, all new?

If, however, you want to have text written over your logo on the last screen that is NOT sung in the last refrain, that appears to be easy.

Simply "ENABLE" the credits page, type the text you want in the "TITLE TEXT" window, then press the "GRAPHICS" Button Choose your graphics and adjust the settings. All should be done.

I think you may be trying to do something like some of the bigger named karaoke companies use to do, I think Nutech, who bought out BMG (or was it BMB) used this technique with a graphics logo in the upper right corner of the screen. As far as I know, that was propriatary software that transferred hands. I don't know that MTU manufactured that software, nor that that has even be requested as a new feature under future versions. If that is the case, and MTU finds a demand for it, they may add it. Just post a request in the "NEW FEATURES REQUEST" forum.

Hi there thanks for your answer,

I think you know what my question was but i will try to explane it a bit more easy just to be shure

If the last text screen appears on the screen i want four "stars" to been drawn in each corner of that screen BEFORE the last word has been sung , so that at the end there is a screen with the text and the for stars together( in each corner )

I tried to apply the "transparrant"function" but that always sweep the existing window

Also i have this problem with a duet when i making a song for 1 singer evrything is ok but when i choose duet the text sweeps continiousely ?

regards Ed Froix

pcgumshoe
July 25th, 2003, 04:57 AM
I DO NOT have the Karaoke Pro Workstation. I have the Karaoke Pro Software that replaced Karaoke Home Producer. If you are using a product I don't have, I am sorry I can't help. If you are using the same program as me, I need to know where some of these functions are.

My understanding is that KPro 5 may have features like "Duet" and others. I am waiting so patiently for the duet feature, I need to make MANY songs that are duets.

I would say, however, that there are three, possibly four types of screens: Introduction (Full Image) Lyrics (Line Image) Credits (Full Image) and Interlude (Full Image).

I may be confusing matters for you, but the software needs to clear screens to make way for the new ones. This, I believe, is triggerd by the second to last line's completed sweep.

I think you may be asking questions of one piece of software of another piece of software and they are two DIFFERENT pieces of software entirely. As I remember, the karaoke workstation IF they would sell it to you as software was in excess of $2000 USD. KPro is less.

pcgumshoe
August 2nd, 2003, 03:11 PM
Read everything more clearly, then you won't waste time trying to trouble-shoot Windows XP problem on a DOS 5.1 system.

I was re-reading this post and noted in the first line that he had said, "Karaoke pro Workstation"

DUMB DUMB DUMB... How could I overlook that?

Note to MTU: Wouldn't it be great if, instead of these, albeit cute, little icons at the top, we could have MTU product ICONS that people could check that they own? Maybe I will post that somewhere in case this thread gets lost.