PDA

View Full Version : Synch Issue on XP

eldonideus
July 2nd, 2003, 08:50 PM
I am trying to create my first song and have run into difficulty. I have entered my lyrics and placed them but when I play them back somewhere along the way it appears that 2 seconds gets inserted in at least one place in the song. The result is that one word gets dragged out and the song has now increased by a couple of seconds. Once the the troublesome word is passed over the remaining words appear to continue on at the appropriate meter (albeit a few seconds late). This issue seems similar to one I saw under troubleshooting relating to XP and I do have XP on my PC. When I tried the solution of changing the Advanced Aweep under options, it seemed to only affect the start of the song. Just to be safe I made sure that the word I was having problems with was highlighted but still no help. I have repeated the process MANY times and the problem always occurs but in a different place. Any ideas?
Thanks,

jimbo
July 3rd, 2003, 12:15 PM
Your first one. Have fun. I spent over 2 hours on my first one, but now spend about 15 minutes or less per song. Lots of practice helps I guess.

1) Try starting from scratch again.

2) I have found that when I have my instant messenger on with the audio on, if someone tries to IM me, it fouls up the syncing (stripping) that I'm working on and get the results you are talking about. When stripping your lyrics, make sure you don't have any other programs that are going to require the use of your audio card, better yet, close all other programs. This is just what has worked best for me. See if it works for you.

3) Remember to stripe the whole song. I have done the whole song, then started to restripe the song, stopped it in the middle, then watched and also saw some of the syncing problems.

Other thoughts: Are you using enough ram and is your processor fast enough. Could the program "hiccup" and create that space?

Whatever the problem is, keep trying, you'll get it and love the program.

Jimbo

eldonideus
July 5th, 2003, 09:22 PM
I have recreated the song from scratch as well as replaced the lyrics on numerous occassions and am still getting the same problem. There are no other applications running and I do not use any of the IM services. I have a 2.4 GHz processor and 512Mb of RAM so I think I am pretty set in that department. I have yet to create a single song successfully and am becoming very frustrated.
Any other ideas?

Thanks,

kjzone
July 6th, 2003, 10:33 AM
eldonideus.......

Sounds like a problem with your Video Card

1. What is your Video Card, Mfg and Number?
2. What version of MicroSoft Direct X do you have installed?
3. Make sure you have current Video Card Drivers installed for your operating system, also look at Video Card Website for Video Drivers especially made for certain versions of Direct X.

Just as a pre-caution, make sure all your Audio Drivers are current for your Operating System.

eldonideus
July 7th, 2003, 12:30 AM
I updated video and audio drivers and made sure I had the latest DirectX. One of those seems to have solved my problem (at least I was able to get through one song successfully).

Thanks for your help,