stringer
July 2nd, 2003, 12:15 PM
I am running Hoster on an MTU laptop. Lately, the volume of

each song has started fluctuation greatly during the song. This

problem goes away, however, after about an hour or so. It has

happened only at the start.

admin
July 2nd, 2003, 12:33 PM
This really sounds like something in your Laptop audio circuits, or your amplifier out side the computer. I don't know of any way that Hoster could cause this itself.

I would do some tests playing other songs using Windows Media Player to see if it does the same. Any other way you could play for an extended period (not using Hoster) would help shed light on this subject.

bruce@baldane.c
July 2nd, 2003, 08:38 PM
Hi Stringer, as a computer eng. I am convinced your sound card is faulty and agree with the moderator on his troubleshooting tip to check that this is the case. (can't see how it could be software generated)
I've had this a couple off times on various PC's in the shop for repair over the years and in each case the fault was caused by the board overheating and/or voltage from motherboard to the ISA / PCI bus fluctuating. If after testing as per moderator then try another sound card. If you have the same problem then have your local shop test the voltage distribution on the mainboard using Microscope or similar hardware testing kit.

best regards

Bruce