PDA

View Full Version : Warm Booting Over, over, over...

pcgumshoe
July 1st, 2003, 10:51 PM
System:
AMD Athlon 1.4
1.25 Gig Ram
Plextor 40/12/40a

Problem is occuring in Microstudio as well.

Have begun archiving all my CDGs to the Hard Drive for Hoster. Several error messages come up (sorry, didn't see them long enough to remember). Occurs when the system is importing fromt the CDG. I either get an error message, or it just reboots. Does a warm boot and does it over and over. I notice that if I take the CDG out of the system and power it off and on, it will come back.

In Microstudio, was using the play tab. Played through one song fine. Second song, all was well, then blank screen. Couldn't get a reboot. Powered off and on several times then I removed the CD and it rebooted.

Need urgent assistance, have someone standing by on salary to load my songs, I don't have the time.

MTUSUPPORT
July 2nd, 2003, 01:40 PM
This is due to the ASPI Drivers. I had answered this on another of your posts this morning. Here is the link to the ASPI drivers http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?threadid=493

This will fix your problems. Do SOLUTION #2 and make sure to make the changes to use this ASPI drivers in Microstudio and Hoster to the USE Default, instead of the USE the MTU installed driver.

If this doesn't fix this, then you have a problem with your computer and it will most likley need to be reloaded.

pcgumshoe
July 2nd, 2003, 04:37 PM
Look, I already give the advice, "When in doubt, empty the clip..." But that is just when I am playing battlefield :)

Just kidding, I don't shot my computers... I love them ;)

Well, I am on my Home PC and I will give this a try when I get to the bar. As for the drivers and the newer versions, I find it upsetting that when I click the download link my files come in as the old names. It isn't until I install them that I know that I have the new version. Between three computers that ONLY I use, sometimes it gets hard to keep up with things... You know, they just don't make good portables anymore.

Thanks again.

pcgumshoe
July 3rd, 2003, 12:26 AM
Okay, so I have updated the Adaptec Drivers, however, I can't see a usable CDRW in my system now. I upgraded to the current version of Hoster, however, we are still having the trouble. Something about 'Can't Connect'. Now what... I will try and update my firmware and see if that will help.

pcgumshoe
July 3rd, 2003, 12:43 AM
Okay, so I already had the 1.05 firmware for my Plextor Drive. Whenever I use the Adaptec Drivers I get no listing for drives that will work with Karaoke. Just checked, also doesn't list anything when I use the Adaptec Drives on Microstudio.

MTUSUPPORT
July 3rd, 2003, 10:52 AM
You hae some program installed on this computer that is conflicting with the ASPI drivers then. The problem is finding it.

The only program that I have had some clients say can give problems sometimes is, Musicmatch's new version 8, I think.

If you have this installed you may want to uninstall this and then try again. There is some software conflict on your system though, this is what is causing the ASPI drivers not to work.

pcgumshoe
July 3rd, 2003, 04:46 PM
I have been pulling things out... Updated my Nero Software, installed WMA plug in for NERO.... A loss. Any other thoughts?

pcgumshoe
July 3rd, 2003, 05:18 PM
Now I am a bit concerned. I have reinstalled Hoster (twice) and I have pulled out just about every program I could imagine might have anything to do with the CDROM... No Luck.

Also, for the sake of safety, I looked to see if my database of files (all the KMAs) were listed in Hoster. We have done 1 - 26, now only 22 - 26 are showing.

I still haven't had a solution to another post that will NOT let me choose a folder on the Hard Drive, but rather I MUST save all KMAs to the ROOT of the D: drive.... Whether or not this is related, I don't know.

I have three systems and that problem is on ALL of them. I have not checked to see if the ASPI issue exists on the other PCs at home. I will have to go there and take my Ethernet Card.

pcgumshoe
July 6th, 2003, 12:04 AM
So today, I decided to FORMAT two systems. The main system where hoster SHOULD be run from was my focus. I deleted EVERYTHING off my main drive (C:\). I reinstalled Windows XP Pro with Service Patch 1. The computer is up and running with a minimum of extra on it.

I STILL cannot change the drive where I want to store my KAR files. They are all still on my D:\ drive in the root directory. I can't find a way to "COMPILE" a list of the songs I alread have in hoster on that drive. I can't get the ASPI drives to work and I am at a loss for what to do.

MTUSUPPORT
July 7th, 2003, 11:40 AM
When you say you can't change the folder to where your "Kar" files are located, is this the file extension? If so, Hoster will not support this format. Hoster only supports the .kma format.

To change your folder make sure you are doing the following:

1) Open Hoster
2) Click on the Import Tracks Tab
3) Click on the Save to Folder button
4) At the top it states Look In and most likely on yours it shows Local Disk [D:]. Below you should see all your other folders on this drive in the white Window. Double click on the folder that you wish to select so that it then opens. For Example you have a folder on your D: Drive called Hoster Songs. Double click on this folder. It will then open up and be the folder that shows in the Look In Text box as stated in the begining of this step.
5) Now when Look In shows your folder name next to it such as Hoster Songs, click the select button down at the bottom right.

NOTE: If you click the select button before you have actually opened the folder as in step 4, it will only show your root drive.

Let me know if this works.

pcgumshoe
July 8th, 2003, 05:23 AM
Okay, The little thingy about "DOUBLE CLICKING" on the folder before "SELECT"ing the folder where I want to store my "KMA" files worked, thank you! Sorry about the KAR vs KMA mix-up... to many extensions to remember.

I have also been able to rebuild my database... Sort of tricky wording about where the backup should be stored.... I don't think I read anywhere that "this needs to be where Hoster is installed in the 'sub-folder' called databases otherwise Hoster won't identify the songs in your database."

As far as my MAJOR problem...

I have rebuilt my computer, with a bare operating system (and MS OFFICE, but I HOPE we're safe there), and I still can't get my CDROM recognized with the ASPI drivers linked to above. I DO NOT have NERO running, which was a suggested culprit from someone, and I can't figure out the boot thing.

I recently tried to load Hoster and the system just rebooted.... no load or anything. Is there a possible work around with YOUR ASPI drivers? I note that when I am using your drivers I can archive around 10 disks before this crashes..... Maybe the ASPI drivers from ADAPTEC just aren't going to work for me.

I really need a solution to this soon... I hired someone to run this for me, not because I don't know how, but because I also have a BAR to run and a KARAOKE SHOW... so time is scarce. Thanks in advance.

gduns - with the Lord
July 8th, 2003, 10:05 AM
I had a computer doing this a few months ago, and it had nothing to do with a program. I replaced the motherboard, processor, memory, all the cards, powersupply & everything except the case.
I finally replaced the "c" drive and it quit rebooting.

I reformatted the old drive and out it in another computer and it worked for a couple of days and then it started doing the same thing. it was a Maxtor 80 gig.

I should have remembered this as I have had Maxtors go bad before the sad thing was this one was only 2 months old. the fact that you arent recognizing your cd rom may indicate other problems.

pcgumshoe
July 8th, 2003, 03:22 PM
I have my HDDs on the same IDE channel... I wonder if I shouldn't have one of the CDRoms on a slave vs master set up.

Right now, drive C: and D: are on the same IDE channel... hmm now that I think of it, I wonder why my secondary IDE HDD is listing as D: instead of E:? Hmm, I think when I get to the bar I will check the drive configuration.

I feel, however, that I should still be able to "SEE" a drive in the ADAPTEC version of the drivers. As it is, I don't... When I install "GAMEDRIVE" I can see that ONLY in the system...

Again to support, the above question, is there a work around for the MTU drivers?

pcgumshoe
July 9th, 2003, 04:48 AM
Okay, so I took and did a search... I figured, "My problem seems to be that the ASPI drivers don't work." How do I know if I have ASPI Drivers installed." Went to google and did two searches that ultimately refined to this search "ASPI Manager Windows XP" That yielded a couple of sites. I went to the first one "Bart's Page" On that page I downloaded the program "aspi_you" I opend a CMD window and ran the progam and saw nothing. Then I went back and downloaded the first link they had for ASPI drivers at ftp://ftp6.nero.com/wnaspi32.dll

Then I went to the windows folder and opend the "system32" folder. I copied the file "wnaspi32.dll" to the folder. I was asked if I wanted to overwrite the file (the old file was bigger). I said yes (the site says "No Reboot necessary") so I went back and ran "aspi_you" and there everything was... all my drives in the right order. Now my HDD shows on the "0" IDE channel.

Next I went into Microstudio, sure enough the DEFAULT drivers now show acceptable drives... (I didn't want to press my luck with Hoster first) So then I went into Hoster, changed from the MTU drivers to the DEFAULT and sure enough there were my drives.

Now the $25,000 question, will this work....??? I will try tomorrow and see, I hope it does.

pcgumshoe
July 17th, 2003, 05:01 PM
Everything appears to be working now. If anyone is having the above trouble, I hope you have found your solution here. Thanks to all those involved.