PDA

View Full Version : save imports

alohak
July 1st, 2003, 08:36 PM
I just loaded Hoster and I'm getting frustrated... Where do I save Import tracks to??
i.e. Save To Folder???:? :?

George
July 1st, 2003, 09:51 PM
It's asking you where do you want to save the tracks. Create a folder and set the path up to that folder. To make it easy to access you might want to consider creating a folder directly on c:\ such as c:\HOSTER SONGLIST, or whatever you wish to name it.

Take care,

George

mindonstrike
July 2nd, 2003, 05:35 AM
After Fireing up my hoster I tried to create a folder for the imports but hoster wouldn't except it.
Then I Discovered That hoster had created the "songlist" folder for me but placed it in a different drive, not just a diferent partition but a whole different HD drive. So I created a folder by that name back where it was supposed to go and hoster accepted it no problem

admin
July 2nd, 2003, 09:39 AM
Hoster requires a default folder to exist before it will run. You can change the default folder as George indicated above. Then, your imported songs will go into this folder.

If you ever need to rebuild the database (Configure menu, Rebuild Songs Database), you can select multiple folders where .kma files were imported to, or you can exclude them and songs in omitted folders will not appear in the new Songs database that is built.

Some users create a different directory for every manufacturer. I think that is a bit extreme, but Hoster allows this also. If you choose to use multiple import folders, when rebuilding be sure to list all folders (spelled correctly) that you want to build the Songs database with.

alohak
July 3rd, 2003, 02:50 AM
is it okay to add the newer pop hits to the db by adding info in the "dummy" spaces?