PDA

View Full Version : Trouble installing new version

Flipeoke
July 1st, 2003, 05:05 PM
OK, I used my download link, and downloaded the latest version of hoster. When I try to install it, it's asking for my product ID which it says I received in my original e-mail, it says in my e-mail I should have received a second e-mail once 2.0 was available, however, I never got the second email. Just the CD via snail mail....am I missing something? Where do I find my product ID is this the same as the serial number I received in my Regestration Request e-mail?

I have tried both serial numbers from e-mails, as well as the ProductGUID from the setup.ini file and also tried using the name of the .LIC file, which allowed me to install it, but still can't run it...

Any help would be appreciated...

Flip

Flipeoke
July 1st, 2003, 09:01 PM
So, seeing how I could not install the new version, I figured, uninstall and reinstall my 2.011 which I did. However that doesn't work either. Now what....oh, ok, I'll start from the beginning... Install v1.208...Hey, it works...use the 2.011 disc from Hoster, and try to upgrade...goes well, installs fine, will not run... I can install and run Hoster 1.208, I cannot use anything past this...what now?

Hey, now I know what some of the other people on the forum have gone thru...doesn't feel good on this side of the fence....:w

Flip

admin
July 2nd, 2003, 04:14 PM
Read this thread for your answer (http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2491).